*Wolfsbane-- Andrea Cremer

Release Date: July 26th, 2011
Genre:  Paranormal, Romance
Publisher: Philomel
Pages: 400
Rating:
Amazon Link*: Click Here
Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary: 
This thrilling sequel to the much-talked-about Nightshade begins just where it ended-Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemy, and she's certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer-one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack-and the man-she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.

Blurb: Fans of Nightshade won't be disappointed. Wolfsbane will leave them howling for more.

I CAN'T PROMISE THIS REVIEW WILL BE SPOILER-FREE IF YOU HAVEN'T READ NIGHTSHADE. IT WILL BE SPOILER-FREE FOR WOLFSBANE.

Review: HOLY CARP! I lurved this book. One of my favorite things about fantasy/dystopia books is learning about the world of the book. Wolfsbane is the most interesting history book you will ever read. So much history and past turmoils that all come together in an action-packed, kick-butt story!

We also get introduced to some great new characters in this book. The Searchers are pretty fun people! I loved meeting them, and seeing what happened to some of my favorite characters from the previous book.

It wasn't perfect, hence the 4 star. Calla is a weird emotional mess in this book: AND SHE TOTALLY HAS A RIGHT TO BE. Her whole world has totally turned upside-down. However, after a while I had a hard time relating to her. I wanted her to be the Calla I knew and loved. Oh. And this book fell victim to a little sequel-phase. But that didn't bother me so bad. Especially with the twist at the end. Who-boy!

This is also very much a bridge book. Nightshade ended with a plot twist, and Wolfsbane ends with a plot twist, but in-between there is very little plot-twisting. We learn a lot about the characters and the history of the world, we have a lot of things set up from some future plot-twists, but this book is fairly straight forward. Nothing major happens until the end. But that's what a lot of sequels do, so I was expecting it.

All in all, a great sequel, and the perfect setup for Bloodrose. Can't wait!



All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2011

*I am an amazon affiliate. If you purchase this book using my link, I will get a tiny fraction of the purchase, which goes toward contests.

5 comments:

  1. I am very jealous you could read this before the realise date. I can't wait until the 26th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Can't wait to read this one! Really excited too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting for this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this one and loved it! Can't wait for Bloodrose to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous!! Glad you liked it though! I never expected Wolfsbane to be as great as Nightshade for some reason which is why I'm not surprised that it's only a four star for you. I'm still plenty excited though :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails