The Princess and the Snowbird-- Mette Ivie Harrison

Release Date: May 1st, 2010
Genre:  Fantasy, Romance
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 232
Rating:
Amazon Link*: Click Here
Goodreads Page: Click here
Series: Animal Magic Book #3 (Review of #1, Review of #2)
Summary: 
She is the headstrong daughter of the hound and the bear, heir to all her royal parents' magic and able to transform at will into any animal she wishes.


He is an outcast, a boy without magic, determined to make his way in the forest beholden to no one.


Though Liva and Jens are as different as night and day, from the time their paths first cross they are irresistibly drawn to one another. Each wrestles with demons: Liva with the responsibility that comes with the vast magic she's inherited, Jens with the haunting memories he's left behind. Separately, they keep a lookout for each other and for the immense snowbird whose appearances signify a dark event on the horizon.


When a terrible threat surfaces, Liva and Jens set out in an attempt to protect all they hold dear. Much is at stake—for while their failure could spell an end to all magic, their success could bring them together at last.
Review: This is certainly my least favorite of the series. Too short, and WAY too confusing. I think I might have liked this one better if I hadn't read them all so close together. I LOVED the second book so much that this couldn't measure up.

The biggest problem I faced in this book was that it jumped some unmeasured/unmentioned time into the future, and everything was different. All of a sudden there were new words, and there was no mention of "animal magic" at all. I felt like this book was not even a part of this series. I kept waiting for the author to explain things, make connections from the previous books, but she never did.

I don't understand time in this series AT ALL. Doesn't seem like this would be a time-travelling kinda series, but it is. And it totally confuses me.

Luckily, though, this book is short. I 100% recommend you read this series (including this book), but I also recommend that you don't read them back-to-back.

This review is part of Utah Author Month. (was read in May)


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2011

*I am an amazon affiliate. If you purchase this book using my link, I will get a tiny fraction of the purchase, which goes toward contests.

2 comments:

  1. This was my least favorite of the series, too. It was actually a DNF... (sad!). But I loved book #2, and book #1 was also great. I'm looking forward to Harrison's Tris and Izzie with a lot of hope now... *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting... I read these books all rather spaced out (a year or more between each of the three) so I missed a lot of possible continuity ideas.

    But, I liked this one a lot... Not as much as P&tB, but definitely more that P&tH.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails