Sis Read-a-thon Update #2

It's time for the second update & mini-challenge! For this mini-challenge I want you to create a wordle for your blog.
You can find instructions on how to do this below.

Here's my update and mini challenge answer!

Update:
  • Total Books Read: 0
  • Total Pages Read: 0
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 0
  • Total time read: 0
  • How I'm currently feeling: Done with work and hurrying to Dr. appointment which is about an hour away. I'm starting to feel itchy from lack-of-reading.
Mini Challenge:
Have you ever played with wordle before? I hope so! There is no giveaway associated with this update, but wordles are so fun, I hope you'll still participate. First of all, this is what your finished product should look like:

Heh. Apparently I talk about Amazon and GoodReads a lot. Or, those are the two things that are consistent in almost ALL of my posts. You can click to see it bigger.

Here's how you can make one in an easy process:
  1. Go to http://www.wordle.net/
  2. Click "Create" on the top menu bar
  3. Enter the URL of your blog where you see this:
  4. Click "submit"
  5. Play around with the various fonts and settings until you have your wordle exactly how you want it.
  6. Once your wordle is perfect you need to take a screenshot. There are two different ways to do this. If you are a Mac, skip to step __ If you are a PC, keep reading.
  7. Press Alt+Print Screen (Print Screen should be in the upper right part of your keyboard. Sometimes it is seen as Prnt Scrn or somethink like that)
  8. Go to Paint, or some other image editing program (photoshop, etc.)
  9. Paste. It should be the entire screen you were looking at. Crop it down to the size you want, and save.
  10. Press Command-Shift-4, highlight your wordle. It should then save as a file on your desktop.
Add it to your blog with your update and voila! As always, feel free to ask questions in comments. And link to your wordle-post using the Mr. Linky!




All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2011

16 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh! I love Wordles! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I tried this mini-challenge a few times and it would not work for me kept showing up blank so I gave up so I could get back to my book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Wordles are so cool!

    Another way you can save the Wordle (depending on how new your PC is) is by using the "Snipping Tool". It's pretty simple to use. You just select the portion of the screen you want saved as an image, then click save! Voila! It does the same thing as the print screen button, but it takes less time to save it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like doing those wordles :) i just wish mine had more variety lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just spent 20 minutes trying really hard to get it to work. Additional plugins were needed but they weren't and they wouldn't install. So I updated my blog with my challenge with the mini challenge. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pain...mine seems to only be taking words from my posts today. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. AH! That wordle was so fun! I spent way too much time playing with the colors and fonts though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I totally loved this mini-challenge. I loved making the wordle, and it mine totally suits my personality. With the font representing my history-loving aspect, and the modern colors representing my love for contemporary fiction! :D

    I wish I was reading faster, though! :(

    ~Hira~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never done a wordle before but it was a lot of fun-great job setting up the Read-a-Thon, I'm having a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just have a standard tag cloud but I'd like something more like this. I find the font size too similar in the one I have.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was the first time I used Wordles and I LOVED it. It took me almost 30 mins to figure out that my keys were in the wrong places, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I'm not going to participate in the Update #2 mini-challenge, because you have to have download java and I'm scared that if I do it might cause some harm or damage to my computer with a virus or something, so I just participate late in the mini-challenge for Update #1. I don't care if I win the giveaway or not, I just wanted to participate in one of the mini-challenges and figured better late than never. :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung

    ReplyDelete
  14. Total books read:0
    Total pages read: 209
    Books read since last update:0
    pages read since last update:100
    times read:3.5 hours
    How i'm feeling: I'm feeling great and excited !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. UPDATE: My husband got it to work :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails