FINISH LINE! SiS Read-a-thon Report #2

The read-a-thon is officially over! Feel free to keep reading, but from now on your reading no longer qualifies you for the "most read" prize. You have until MIDNIGHT MST to post this update, which gives you 4 hours. But remember ONLY READING DONE PRIOR TO RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE (8:00pm MST) counts. I don't really have any way of making sure you do this, but I like to think people are honest.

Here's the questions for Report #2. These reports are for my benefit. This is the first read-a-thon I have ever participated in (so it's obviously the first one I've hosted). I'm still learning! Your answers will make the next read-a-thon even better! SO BE HONEST. You won't hurt my feelings. I promise.

  1. First of all, give us an end-of-read-a-thon status update. Books read, pages read, you know the drill!
  2. What is your favorite book you read during the read-a-thon?
  3. Did you participate in any mini-challenges? Which ones?
  4. Which mini-challenge was your favorite?
  5. What has been your favorite thing about the read-a-thon?
  6. Are you satisfied with how much reading you got done? Did you do more than you expected? Less?
  7. What did you think of the updates? Too close together? Didn't like the time limit?
  8. If you could change one thing about the read-a-thon, what would it be?
  9. Would you participate in another read-a-thon hosted by Squeaky Books? Why or why not? (Again, I won't cry if you say "no")
  10. Any last comments on the read-a-thon?

MY ANSWERS:
(if these are blank that means I haven't gotten home yet. Hopefully I'll fill them in soon!)

First of all, give us an end-of-read-a-thon status update. Books read, pages read, you know the drill!
Update:
  • Total Books Read: 3
  • Total Pages Read: 1,167
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 1
  • Pages Read since last update: 33
  • Total time read: 13 hours
  • How I'm currently feeling: Feeling pretty nauseous due to poor eating habits today. Too sick to read in the car, so I only read 33 pages. A bowl of cottage cheese and some ibuprofen has made me right as rain!
  • Books read: finished the last 30 pages of Legend by Marie Lu, Blood Wounds by Susan Beth Pfeffer, Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer, and The Roar by Emma Clayton.
What is your favorite book you read during the read-a-thon?
  • I really liked Wolfsbane. A great continuation of a great series.
Did you participate in any mini-challenges? Which ones?
  • Why yes, yes I did. All of them. I sort of had to. *wink*
Which mini-challenge was your favorite?
  • Hm... I still really liked the picture puzzle one.
What has been your favorite thing about the read-a-thon?
  • It was nice to have a justified reason to just sit and read. I've never done anything like this before.
Are you satisfied with how much reading you got done? Did you do more than you expected? Less?
  • The first day was REALLY disappointing. I hardly got even 2 hours of reading in. However, my goal was 1,000 pages, and I met it. But I know that if I had read the WHOLE read-a-thon, I could have easily doubled that.
  • I brought a lot of really short (meaning around 200 pages) books for the read-a-thon, because I thought I would feel more fulfilled if I read more books. Instead, I ended up reading two of the largest books in my pile. But if I HAD read 200-page books, I would have read aroud 5 or 6, instead of just three. So I guess I still feel pretty fulfilled.
What did you think of the updates? Too close together? Didn't like the time limit?
  • I think I made a mistake in tying the updates and the mini-challenges together. And the two hour time limit wasn't as nice as I thought it would be. If/when I host another read-a-thon, I'm definitely going to reconsider the format of the updates. I think maybe once every FOUR hours would be better than every two.
If you could change one thing about the read-a-thon, what would it be?
  • I would make sure that I had BOTH days available. And I would change the frequency of the updates as mentioned before.
Would you participate in another read-a-thon hosted by Squeaky Books? Why or why not? (Again, I won't cry if you say "no")
  • I don't think I would. If I'm being completely honest, I think Squeaky Books is a joke, and Enna Isilee is a jerk. (I didn't really write this survey for myself... awkward.)
Any last comments on the read-a-thon?
  • THANK YOU to everyone who participated. I honestly didn't think I'd have anywhere CLOSE to this many people reading with me. I was hoping for around 20, and I got nearly 200 people who signed up! It was a great first experience.
  • Please give me some time to pick giveaway winners and such. I'm not even going to give you a "this is when they will be announced" date, because I'd like to take the time to go through all the links, and comment on all of your blogs. And that should take me a while.
THANK YOU ALL!

Link up to your end-of-read-a-thon reports here! Remember you have until MIDNIGHT MST which is 4 hours from the posting of this. (Some leniency will be given to those in weird time zones who are currently asleep, etc.)





All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2011

27 comments:

  1. Okay, so I'll be the first to post, even though I wasn't a participant, more of a audience member.

    I've enjoyed all the updates and seeing all the challenges you came up with. I'll participate in the next one, I'll just have to know about it next time and prepare. :)
    I'm interested in doing a longer one, like a week or something.

    Great job everyone, just for trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great read-a-thon! I had a blast participating and hope to do so again in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get much read at all... I'm sad about that, but ended up having a really busy weekend. *sigh* Would love to participate in one again though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the read-a-thon - it was fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! I'll be back tomorrow morning to see your answers! I had a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting this. It's been my first read-a-thon and I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a great read-a-thon, this was my first one and I really enjoyed it. I hope there will be another one in the future, maybe one that even lasts more than just two days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for arranging and hosting this read-a-thon Enna Isilee! :D I didn't get as much read as I hoped, but I still had fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Books read:8
    Pages read:1920
    Time read : 2day
    My favorite book was chime ,it was aoo great and I loves the story line
    I did loove mini games and my favorite was the charactor challenge
    I really loved the readathon and would so do it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all your hard work! I had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome job on the readathon! I fell short of my goal by two books (sad). :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hosting the read-a-thon, Enna! It was really fun. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry if this is late, but my computer was giving me issues again (actually, it might have been my browser). Grrrr....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this awesome idea... I really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was lots of fun. I knocked 2 books off my TBR List! (I didn't hit my goal of 3, but that's okay. I kind of want to savor Passion, anyway. hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the Read-a-thon! It really helped me connect to other bloggers, and since I'm a newbie blogger that was super important!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had so much fun, and I can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Total books read: 6
    Total pages read: 1277
    Books read since last update: 0
    Pages read since last update:0
    Total time read: 11.5 hours
    How I'm currently feeling: Completely tired and ready for bed!

    Books read:
    "Carnet de Voyage" - Craig Thompson
    "13 Little Blue Envelopes" - Maureen Thompson
    "Doomed Queen Anne" - Carolyn Meyer
    "Real Live Boyfriends: Yes, boyfriends, plural. If my life weren't complicated, I wouldn't be Ruby Oliver" - E. Lockhart
    "Brain Camp" - Susan Kim
    "Spain or Shine" - Michelle Jellen

    What is your favorite book you read during the read-a-thon?

    Really enjoyed "Real Live Boyfriends." A great end to the Ruby Oliver series.

    Did you participate in any mini-challenges?

    All but one from today. Yesterday didn't get to do any

    Which mini-challenge was your favorite?

    Of the ones I participated in, I enjoyed the Anagrams of our names.

    What has been your favorite thing about the read-a-thon?

    Getting a chance to knock off a lot of books from my to-read pile!

    Are you satisfied with how much reading you got done?

    Yes and no. I wish I had be able to read more yesterday (only got one book done), but I surprised myself with how much I read today! I can only imagine how much I would have been able to read if I had been able to devote myself fully to it!

    What did you think of the updates? Too close together? Didn't like the time limit?

    I think four hours between updates would have been sufficient.

    If you could change one thing about the read-a-thon, what would it be?

    To have it fall on days when I had nothing else planned, so I could spend more time reading.

    Would you participate in another read-a-thon hosted by Squeaky Books? Why or why not?

    Sure would! Had a great time!

    Any last comments on the read-a-thon?

    Thanks so much for hosting Enna!


    http://www.goodreads.com/shorty_320

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for hosting the read-a-thon Enna! It was a great idea and I hope you do it again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. O M G! I just noticed the Pengins! That is the most freakin' awesome thing ever! I absolutely love pengins. Lol.

    PS: Thanks for hosting the read-a-thon. I had a bunch of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for the readathon, it was really a blast. I thoroughly enjoyed it. So nice to take the time out to just read, my favourite activity. My family were also co-operative and left me alone. I was a little late with my final report post since, despite setting my alarm clock I feel asleep at 2 and I was asleep at 4am when it ended for me. I hope that is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had so much fun! I only finished one book but this was a great read-a-thon! :)
    Ending Summary:
    Pages Read Total: 454
    Books Finished: 1

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm glad to see you liked Wolfsbane; some reviews have been raves and some not-so. I didn't realize until I actually started reading them how BIG the books were that I chose for the readathon, or my number of books goal might have been different! But they were all books that I'd been WANTING to read, and the readathon gave me a great reason to get to them! (Oh, and don't talk about Enna - she's alright with me!) :) Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know I posted mine after the 12pm mark, ugh don't you hate different tome zones!!

    Anyway I loved taking part in the read-a-thon, met a load of new blogger friends and got a few books off my tbr list!

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for putting this together! My first day went well, but the second day things got too busy. I have yet to report my finish line, but I really liked how organized and clear everything was. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails