Unfinished Friday (3)

I read a ton of books that I don't ever finish for various reasons, and I never review them on this blog. But that's not fair! Maybe you guys want to read them, or want a warning not to read them. If you want to see what other books I started, but didn't finish, here's Unfinished Friday (1), and Unfinished Friday (2). In #2 I describe why I have such a strong issue with profanity.

These are books that I haven't finished over the last year(from October '09 to present). I won't go into a ton of detail, but here they are:

A Touch Mortal
I stopped this one at page 20 because I had read 3 F-words by then, along with a smattering of other curses. Not necessary at all. But I really want to know what this was about. Anyone who's read it want to give me a synopsis?





Accomplice
Casual swearing, and a story that wasn't interesting enough to make it worth it.




Rising Shadow
This was a self-published book, and while I liked the pretense, it needed a firm editor's hand. Too many writing issues for me to spend the time to finish.




The Mark
I really, really wanted to enjoy this. Really. But the writing sounded liked something I could have written. It was very 1st-draft-esque. I stopped after 50 pages because I knew I wasn't going to be able to give it a good review. However, I do intend to pick it up again later. Maybe it's just because I'd been reading some really heavy hitters at the time.




Numbers
Stopped because of profanity. However, I had a trusted source ask me to give it another go, so I'm going to give it another go when I have time.



The House of Dead Maids
I did not know this was a Wuthering Heights prequel when I picked it up. I strongly dislike WH, and so it made reading the measley 160 pages of this book a chore. Someday, when I'm more mature, I'll realize that this book is NOT Wuthering Heights and I'll give it another try.


Please keep in mind that I am not trying to "attack" these books IN ANY WAY. I have often said that I believe that every book has a place, even if it's not on my shelf.

All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2010

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, The House of Dead Maids has like NOTHING to do with Wuthering Heights. I mean, as far as I can tell, she could just as easily have made it NOT a prequel. I mean, if I didn't know it was a prequel, I probably wouldn't have been able to tell. (Maybe if I knew Wuthering Heights better?)

    Ha...if that made no sense...I'm blaming it on the calc test. (Have I mentioned how much I hate vectors and the third dimension? Because I really really do.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right, fine, it's moderately cake, but it is not my favourite thing. I'm kind of hopeless at visualization, but I am getting better...but anything that's like "Graph this! Oh, and it's in R3!" is like headtable. And vectors are fine until you try to remember the difference between T, N, and B and what defines the normal plane and what defines the osculating plane. :P (How you know you're a math major: when the word "normal" ceases to mean "regular" or "usual".)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed. Normal is FAR from regular! It's perpendicular!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails