I Am Number Four-- Pittacus Lore

Release Date: August 3rd, 2010
Genre: Supernatural, Romance, Adventure
Publisher: Harper Collins
Pages: 360
Series: Lorien Legacies #1
Rating:
Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary: 
Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books—but we are real.

Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. we have lived among you without you knowing.

But they know.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.

I am Number Four.

I am next.
Review: This book was good. Really good. And it’s going to make a fantastic movie. I’m SO excited to see it. The writing flowed well, I believed in the characters, the pacing was EXCELLENT. Never a dull moment (except for MAYBE some of the romance, but even that didn’t bother me too much).

This is such an original story. Sure, it’s kind of like “Transformers” in that an alien race comes to our planet when their planet is destroyed but all they really want is to go home, but not really. This book had a lot of potential to be cheesy with the silly names like “Mogadorians” and “Pittacus Lore” and so on, but it wasn’t. Not in the least.

However, I COULD NOT give it five flowers. Why? Grr. Casual swearing. I HATE casual swearing! I mean, I COMPLETELY understand if the characters are in life-and-death situations and they let out some profanities. But there is NO excuse for just using profanities like candy. Throwing them out whenever you feel like it.

They weren’t the more “serious” words, but they still bugged me!

I know swearing doesn’t bug most of you at all. And even if it does bug you, you’ll probably just be annoyed by it rather than offended. That’s all I was. Just annoyed.

But overall, a GREAT story.


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2010

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the swearing. And it wasn't even everyday swearing. I don't think I've heard some of those words since high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard great things about this book... I will have to watch out for the swearing. Still can't wait wait to read it! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah the movie looks really good. I mean Alex Pettyfer??? Has to be good. :) Haha. Definitely excited to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started it, I wonder what I will think, I HATE casual swearing. I read to improve my vocabulary, not to decimate it.

    I'm cracking up right now, because a character in the book I am writing says that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails