*The Scorch Trials-- James Dashner

Release Date: October 12, 2010
Genre: Dystopia, post-apocalyptic, suspense, mystery, sci-fi
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Pages: 360
Series: ?
Rating:
Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary: 
Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end. No more puzzles. No more Variables. And no more running. Thomas was sure that escape meant he and the Gladers would get their lives back. But no one really knew what sort of life they were going back to.

In the Maze, life was easy. They had food, and shelter, and safety... until Teresa triggered the end. In the world outside the Maze, however, the end was triggered long ago.

Burned by sun flares and baked by a new, brutal climate, much of the earth is a wasteland. Government has disintegrated--and with it, order--and now Cranks, people covered in festering wounds and driven to murderous insanity by the infectious disease known as the Flare, roam the crumbling cities hunting for their next victim... and meal.

The Gladers are far from done running. Instead of freedom, they find themselves faced with another trial. They must cross the Scorch, the most burned-out section of the world, and arrive at a safe haven in two weeks. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them.

Thomas can only wonder--does he hold the secret of freedom somewhere in his mind? Or will he forever be at the mercy of WICKED?
Review: Have you guys noticed that my reviews are getting longer? Did y’all notice that? Is that annoying? Sorry. I guess I just have a lot to say. Let’s see if this one is brief.

This book was just as gripping and interesting as the previous novel in the series The Maze Runner(which I LOVED!). But why then did it only get 4.5 flowers?!

Answer: I was confused.

There was one aspect of the book that I just did NOT understand at all. I won’t tell you which aspect it is, ‘cause it would give stuff away, but it was an important aspect.

And when things were finally revealed… I was still confused. No, not confused. I was on edge. I didn’t believe it. I thought it was a mistake.

After a few days of reflection, I have come to the conclusion that I was SUPPOSED to feel this way. I deduced this by the fact that the author (Hi, James!) didn’t try to sway my opinion. He kept things open.

And after I thought about that, I was REALLY excited for the final book. Before I was just really excited. Now I’m REALLY excited. All caps.


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2010

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to pick it up! Almost didn't read your review cause I didn't want to be swayed but this was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have to read The Maze Runner...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's coming to a neighboring town on the 22nd!!! My first author meeting... I'm so excited!

    If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area, he's in Kepler's bookstore in Menlo Park.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails