Thirteen Days To Midnight-- Patrick Carman

Release Date: April 12th, 2010
Genre: Fantasy, Superhuman
Publisher: Little, Brown
Pages: 304
Rating:
Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary: 
When Jacob’s foster father whispers, “You are indestructible” seconds before dying in a car crash that should’ve killed them both, Jacob never imagines he could possess a real superpower. To test it Jacob and his friends start indulging comic book-like fantasies. Later, they commit to use this amazing power of indestructibility to do good in the world and save others from death. But the power comes with consequences: how do they decide who to save? And what happens when they blur the lines of life and death, right and wrong, and good and evil?
Review: In a word, this book is POWERFUL. The ending had me near tears. The story is just... woah. What an amazing idea and plot. And the ending! Oh! The ending had me in chills!

If you're looking for a good story, you've found the right book. No question.

With that said, the writing isn't perfect (ha. Whose is?). The pacing was a little strange. And there was a little too much profanity for my taste, that's why it's only 4.5 flowers and a non-squeaky book. Nevertheless, I am glad I own this book and certianly recommend that y'all give it a try.

The book asks you this question: If you could have any one superpower, what would it be?

I would ask that you consider this question as well: What makes a superpower?

My answer BEFORE I read this book is significantly different to my answer AFTER I read this book.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I gave you the Versatile Blog Award over at shereallyisafunnygirlthatkate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab review, thanks...now I want it =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails