My Double Life-- Janette Rallison

Release Date: May 13th, 2010
Genre: Teen Fiction
Pages: 265
Rating:
Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary:
Her whole life, Alexia Garcia has been told that she looks just like pop star Kari Kingsley, and one day when Alexia’s photo filters through the Internet, she’s offered a job to be Kari’s double. This would seem like the opportunity of a lifetime, but Alexia’s mother has always warned her against celebrities.

Rebelliously, Alexia flies off to L.A. and gets immersed in a celebrity life. Not only does she have to get used to getting anything she wants, she romances the hottest lead singer on the charts, and finds out that her own father is a singing legend. Through it all, Alexia must stay true to herself, which is hard to do when you are pretending to be somebody else!
Review: I love Janette's books so, so much. Seriously. I have a lot of her books just around my house that I haven't read. Why haven't I read them? Because I'm saving them. They're exactly what I need after reading something stressful or disappointing (like lately with The Replacement and The Eternal Ones). I won this book from Janette's blog, and I'm so glad I did.

Her books are kind of like being REALLY hungry during class, and then finding a surprise candy-bar in your purse. Exactly what you need, and oh so satisfying. I can always read her books without any stress because I know everything will work out. And she's SO FUNNY! Here's one of my favorite lines from this book:
I tried to explain to Maren that she couldn't call it "a small concert" if the number of people who came could conceivably overthrow a third-world dictatorship.
My Double Life, pg 144

See? That's funny!

If you need to relax, you should get this book. So good. You won't be on the edge of your seat (that's why it's not a "squeaky" book) but that doesn't matter. The characters in this book were charming, lovable, and human. I feel refreshed and ready to face the week.

*contented sigh*

3 comments:

  1. Huh. I had heard some negative reviews on this one, so I was not going to read this one, though I have really enjoyed all the other Janette books I have read to date. The main complaint was that most of the characters were shallow. Would you agree?

    If not, I'll have to give it a try:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess so. They are celebrities after all. ;)

    But honestly, when I read Rallison books I don't read for depth (though I'm often pleased to find it). I read for something light, and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved this book, too! I adore Janette Rallison. She is hilarious. And they are very clean, which I appreciate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails