The Iron Daughter-- Julie Kagawa

Release Date: August 1st, 2010
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 368
Rating:
Series: The Iron Fey #2
Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary:
Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron Fey, iron-bound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her. Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's alone in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart
Review: I liked this book quite a bit better than the first one. The majority of the story took place in the faerie world, rather than the real world, which gives it just enough originality to boost it above its predecessor.

I think these books are kind of like the Percy Jackson books except for older readers, and starring faeries rather than myths. Both The Iron King and The Iron Daughter follow the typical quest story-arc (exposition, something bad happens, the heroes have to save the day by going through some epic quest). Is this bad? No. But I’m hoping that The Iron Queen doesn’t follow this same arc. I stopped reading the Percy Jackson books because I felt they were getting too predictable.

So I know many people LOVE and ADORE this series. Me? I could take it or leave it. They’re good, easy reads, but nothing I’d sell my soul for.

Oh. And the double love interest thing in books is getting OLD! Am I the only person who thinks so?

5 comments:

  1. Double love interests were old for me the first time I read one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's not just you. I'm happy with one love interest the entire book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I'm sick of love triangles. It's become a pacing gimmick, and I'm not a fan of gimmicks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love triangles were ok (and just ok) when a bad guy was interested in the girl, but I'm sick of two great guys and people making teams, I mean if you have teams there's suppose to be a competition but in every book we know who the winner is going to be, so why depress us with the second guy and his heartbreak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way about this series, I'm not really that excited to read the sequel. I'm not a fan of love triangles either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails