Epitaph Road-- David Patenaude

Release Date: March 23rd, 2010
Genre: Dystopian/Post-apocolyptic
Pages: 272
Rating:
Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary: (from jacket flap)
A modern utopia where 97% of the men are dead.

Kellan Dent feels all alone. In 2097 he practically is.

Thirty years earlier, an airborn virus nearly caused man's extinction. Now women rule the world, and powerty, crime, war, and hunger have all disappeared. With tight restrictions on men's behavior, fourteen-year-old Kellen feels like he has no say in his future.

When a rumored outbreak of the virus threatens Kellen's outcast father, he knows that he must warn him of the coming danger no matter what the consequences. During his desperate race to find his dad, Kellen uncovers a secret so frightening that his life and the future of the world will never be the same.
Review: This was a great idea for a story. So interesting to see what the world would be like if only run by women. I've heard other people say that if the world were ruled by women we'd have even more conflict because of how emotional women are. Is this true? I dunno. I like men.... in the world... awkward.

Anyway. The only really bad thing about this book was that it was too short. You just can't tell a story this intricate in 272 pages. Pretty sure this isn't a series, the ending wrapped up too nicely. You easily could have added an extra 100 (or even 200) pages in there and still had it be interesting. But nope.

Since it was so short it ended up feeling rushed and underdeveloped. I didn't have the sense of closure I wanted at the end.

I'd recommend picking it up if you'd like a light read that still makes you think, but it's not one to rush out to buy.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I hate when that happens! I can think of a number of books I've read fairly recently that just felt too short to me. Then again, I can understand not wanting to write a longer story... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I think I'd rather have men too :P Too many women gets way too catty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails