Firelight-- Sophie Jordan

Release Date: September 7th, 2010
Genre: Romance, Fantasy
Pages: 336
Rating:
Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary: 
With her rare ability to breathe fire, Jacinda is special even among the draki—the descendants of dragons who can shift between human and dragon forms. But when Jacinda’s rebelliousness leads her family to flee into the human world, she struggles to adapt, even as her draki spirit fades. The one thing that revives it is Will, whose family hunts her kind. Jacinda can’t resist getting closer to him, even though she knows she’s risking not only her life but the draki’s most closely guarded secret.
Review: This book is not what I was expecting. Oh dear. That's a bad way to start a review. Let me start again.

I was expecting some kick-butt fantasy novel about dragons that can turn into people. But that's not what this is. This is a romance. But guess what! There's only ONE love-interest! Well, there's two, but you don't like the other one so it doesn't matter.

The writing was smooth. None of those annoying "my love"s, etc. Watching Jacinda try to have a relationship with Will while keeping her dragon alive was fascinating. The ending had me very tense, and wanting more.

This isn't a Squeaky Book, beacuse I usually prefer my "romances" with more action (think Poison Study or The Dark Divine, or any of Tamora Pierce's books). Nevertheless, I did really enjoy this book and will be looking with eagerness to the sequel.

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I still haven't read Firelight, but I REALLY want to! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! I really want to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked it. I've been looking forward to it, but now I'm disappointed it's just a romance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to the sequel too! And you have to say this for Sophie Jordan: she REINVENTED the term "smoldering gazes"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails