**Inside Out-- Maria V. Snyder

Release Date: April 1st, 2010
Pages: 320
Genre: Sci-fi/Dystopia
Rating:

Goodreads Page:
Click here
Summary:
Keep Your Head Down.
Don't Get Noticed.
Or Else.

I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.
Review: I'm a sucker for a good dystopian novel. Seriously. I adored this book. It's probably one of my favorites ever. It kept me wondering throughout the entire novel, and when the big secret was finally revealed I actually shouted "WOAH! WHAT THE HECK?!"

There were some character aspects that annoyed me, but in a good way. The characters seemed real. The mistakes they made were terribly frustrating, but understandable.

There was also some of the "Tech No" stuff that confused me, as well as the base 100 number system, but I survived without having to know all of that stuff. (This is high praise from me. Usually stuff like this drives me CRAZY in a sci-fi. But I was so wrapped up in the story I didn't dwell on it.)

I will warn you (this is for you Mary), THIS IS A SERIES. The ending is NOT satisfying in any way. I'm craving the next book (cleverly titled Outside In) but it won't be out until 2011. Sigh.

SO GOOD! Snyder strikes again!

3 comments:

  1. I just got this book this week! I am moving it towards the top of my TBR pile because of your review. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it! Maybe I'll check it out :)

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this to read, and I *love* all her other books, especially Poison Study...so I'm not sure what is taking me so long to get myself in gear and read it!

    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails