Insatiable-- Meg Cabot

Release Date: June 8th, 2010
Pages: 451
Genre: ADULT fiction, Vampires
Rating:

Goodreads Page:
Click here
Summary:
Sick of vampires? So is Meena Harper.

But her boss is making her write about them anyway, even though Meena doesn’t believe in them.

Not that Meena isn’t familiar with the supernatural. See, Meena Harper knows how you’re going to die (not that you’re going to believe her; no one ever does).

But not even Meena’s precognition can prepare her for what happens when she meets—then makes the mistake of falling in love with—Lucien Antonescu, a modern-day prince with a bit of a dark side . . . a dark side a lot of people, like an ancient society of vampire-hunters, would prefer to see him dead for.

The problem is, he already is dead. Maybe that’s why he’s the first guy Meena’s ever met that she could see herself having a future with. See, while Meena’s always been able to see everyone else’s future, she’s never been able look into her own.

And while Lucien seems like everything Meena has ever dreamed of in a boyfriend, he might turn out to be more like a nightmare.

Now might be a good time for Meena to start learning to predict her own future . . .

If she even has one
Review: See that big, red, screaming ADULT up there under genre? Yeah. Just wanted to make sure you noticed that. This is an ADULT book. At points it got a little steamy. Almost too steamy. I came close to putting it down a couple times, but I didn't.

Adult fiction just reads differently than YA. It reminds me why I like YA the best.

Everything in this book was sex-driven. Just saying.

When I reviewed this on GoodReads I said:

 "Confusing. Ironic. Slightly hypocritical. And overly lusty. "
All true. Some of the sentences were so convoluted that I had to read them a number of times to get it. And when I tried to read them out loud, I couldn't. Tongue twisters! But I was reading an ARC, so maybe they're fixed in the final version.
 
Plus, the book is supposedly about a person who is sick and tired of the vampire stories in books and on TV (me! Me! ooh! pick me!) and yet this is a TOTALLY stereotypical vampire book.

But the story as a whole was interesting and engaging. So. If you're in the mood for some MATURE Twilight-ish action. Go ahead and pick up Insatiable.
 
You younger readers, STAY AWAY! I'd call this a 17+ for sexual content. You're welcome to take into account that I have been told that I'm "overly sensitive" to that kind of stuff, but still. That's my opinion.
 

1 comment:

  1. I think it is important to draw a line between the younger young adult novels and the older young adult novels. Good work and thanks for the warning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails