The Devouring-- Simon Holt

Release Date: September 1st, 2008
Pages: 240
Genre: Horror, Paranormal
Rating:

Goodreads Page:
Click here
Summary:
When Reggie finds an old journal and reads about the Vours, supernatural creatures who feast on fear and attack on the eve of the winter solstice, she assumes they are just the musings of some lunatic author. But soon, they become a terrifying reality when she begins to suspect that her timid younger brother might be one of their victims.

Risking her life and her sanity, Reggie enters a living nightmare to save the people she loves. Can she devour own her fears before they devour her?
Review: I'm gonna keep this review brief, hopefully, and tell you that this book is creepy. Really creepy. It's got plenty of gross stuff in it.

When I read a book, it's kind of like I'm watching a show through three sheets of wax paper. I can see it, but it's really fuzzy. Not vivid at all. If you're the kind of person with a really vivid inner-eye, you might want to be careful. This is the kind of stuff you see in movies like The Grudge, The Ring, etc. (In case you were wondering, I haven't seen either of those. I don't have the stomach for scary movies.)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Enna! Just want to let you know that I love your blog and am passing on this blog award for your great reviews. It's posted on my blog, Reader's Dialogue, at http://readersdialogue.blogspot.com/2010/06/blog-award.html.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this book around quite a lot. Looks good, and creepy as you say. Nice review XD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails