**The Dark Divine-- Bree Despain

Release Date: December 22, 2009
Pages: 371
Genre: Fantasy, Supernatural
Rating:

Goodreads Page:
Click here
Summary:
Grace Divine, daughter of the local pastor, always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared—the night she found her brother Jude collapsed on the porch, covered in blood. But she has no idea what a truly monstrous secret that night really held. And when Daniel returns three years later, Grace can no longer deny her attraction to him, despite promising Jude she’ll stay away.

As Grace gets closer to Daniel, her actions stir the ancient evil Daniel unleashed that horrific night. Grace must discover the truth behind Jude and Daniel's dark secret . . . and the cure that can save the ones she loves. But she may have to lay down the ultimate sacrifice to do it—her soul.
Review: Woah. I LOVED this book! I had NO idea what it was about when I picked it up, which made it even more FANTASTICAL! The love in this book seemed real. That's something I really admire in a book. Plus, the main character, Grace, made real decisions! She was human! *gasp!*

Fans of Shiver will definitely love this book. (And yes, fans of Twilight too) And anyone who likes a good love story/mystery/adventure book.

It managed to be edgy without being inappropraite. The Dark Divine walked on so many fine lines like a pro!

So good! Can't wait for the sequel The Lost Saint which comes out in December. So far away!

13 comments:

  1. Nice review. I hope it's as good as the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does every book have to have a sequel? Why? Why? Why? What happened to a good story wrapped up in one book???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does every book have to have a sequel? Why? Why? Why? What happened to a good story wrapped up in one book???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you when you say it's edgy without being innapropriate. I really loved that about this book. Everything about the book is great. I wasn't sure what to expect when I first picked up at the library but I fell in love with it right away. Also Grace is one of my favorite characters. I even dressed up for her when we had favorite book character day for spirit week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. This does sound like a good book! Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just finished reading this book and am starting in on the second. Interesting story. Borrowing books from the library just isn't the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I've been wanting to read this, but have been putting other books before it. I'll have to put it on the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love the cover of this book. Sounds interesting, too, thanks to ur review

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had my eye on this book for awhile, wondering if I should read it, and with praise like that, I see that I'm going to have to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cover. Have been looking at these for a while. Great giveaway. Now hopefully I can!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm, I hope its not too much like Twilight/Shiver in the main character. In epicness, cool, but I want a strong heroine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! I loved Shiver!! Good to know that there isn't any insta-love. Can't wait to check it out.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bought this one from a carboot sale years ago and I still haven't read it! Don't get many clues from the synopsis so I guess I'll have to read it to find out what this books really all about. Great review :)


    -Laura
    What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails