The Water Mirror—Kai Meyer, read by Toby Longworth



I listened to this book, something I haven’t done in a while. I think if I had actually read it, my opinion would have been very different.

It’s the story of Merle, and takes place in Venice, Italy, but in some other version of Venice where stone lions roam and mermaids are captured as pets.

It’s hard for me to properly judge this book because I listened to it. It was slow, even for listening, and nothing really seemed to happen. It ended right at the climax, and instead of making me think “I want to know what happens next!” it made me thing “Well, that was dumb.”

There were parts of the story that were interesting, but a lot of it was just cliché and rushed. I may listen to the sequel if I can find it, but if I can’t I won’t worry about it.

~Enna Isilee

3 comments:

  1. And it has such a cool cover...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what made me pick it up in the first place. I ALWAYS judge books by their cover. Can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover is much cooler than that of the paperback version, which is the one I have.

    I read the book, but I agree with what you said about it, Ennalee. It was good and I enjoyed it, but I put it down wanting to know what the point of the book was as nothing had happened and I'm not sure I care enough to buy the sequel. If I ever go the library and see it, I'll pick it up, but it's not worth the eight dollars and shelf space to own it to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails