The Heart

The heart is the symbol of love.
But love doesn’t come from the heart.
The heart is a muscle, made only to keep us alive.
Pump blood.
In.
Out.
It’s the brain that causes true emotion.
At least, that’s what they say.

Can they explain why, then,
The heart quickens?
The blood runs cold?
Then warm?

Or can they explain why, then,
The brain goes into a fog?
Words are lost?
Then unnecessary?

When they can explain why, then
I will give you my brain.

Until that day,
I give you all my heart.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Did you write that? It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetness- I might just need to use that for my poetry anthology project right now... Did you write it, or who did?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That's awesome! I'm quite proud of you! Just... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sat down meaning to write a review, but that popped out instead. It was really odd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT. I'm glad you didn't write the review, lol. That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would rather have this than a review. Though I do like reading your reviews too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice poem! And I just tagged you for the six random things meme. No pressure or anything though. ;)
    -Liv
    (livsbookreviews.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you've been tagged. :D

    here's the link for more info:
    http://princess2293.blogspot.com/

    hope.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails