Mira, Mirror-- Mette Ivie Harrison, and some questions



I had the opportunity to meet Mette recently and I can tell you she is a really interesting person.
Her description of Mira, Mirror was so interesting I just had to buy it and have her sign it.

And ya know? It was interesting. In a good way.

Mira, Mirror is basically the story of Snow White in the eyes of the mirror. Except that it happens over a hundred years after Snow White kills the evil witch. Now the mirror goes on a quest to become human again (oh. Did I mention she was the evil queen’s sister?).

I was reading some of the reviews on goodreads and saw that not many people liked this book, chiefly because they were bothered by the main character, the mirror. I was too. But only because I want people to be good. Always and from the begining. And the mirror wasn’t. She had to manipulate people to get around (and who could blame her?). But she developed into a very love-able character.

I don’t know what it is about twisted fairy tales, but I love ‘em.

Which brings me to my questions. I'm still fairly new to the blogging worlds (if 8 months is new) and I wanted to ask about reading challenges. Can anyone host them? Are there certain rules and guidelines you have to follow? I'm interested in hosting a challenge to I'm curious.

~Enna Isilee
Coming soon, a review on The 13th Reality by James Dashner

10 comments:

  1. Anyone can host reading challenges! You can make up your own rules and guidelines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know. I just didn't want to break any taboos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What taboos? xD

    Any take on a fairy tale story always interests me - maybe 'cause I was so addicted to them when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I don’t know what it is about twisted fairy tales, but I love ‘em." -- same here :)

    It definitely sounds very interesting - I've never even considered the mirror ever telling its (*her*) story ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah! I just realized you asked my opinion on the butterfly issue... and I say that either way works :D I think it's fine just the way it is, though...

    (Sorry for double posting)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog. Looks great, Enna!
    -Emily
    PS: I'm a sucker for a good fairy tale, too! Did you meet Mette at LTUE? I bought The Princess and the Hound and had it signed, but I haven't had the chance to read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Yeah I did. So you were there? Wicked. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Mira, Mirror is rather unusual. I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about it, though I know it sucked me in pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. just finished the book. i thought it was really engaging. i kept on wanting to read it at school! haha. i liked the character of the mirror, even if she did manipulate people.
    P.S. any suggestions of twisted fairy tales? i LOVE retellings of fairy tales, perhaps because i loved them so much as a child. i have the complete collection of brother's grimm, as well as hans christian anderson. i've read every brother's grimm story, which i'm quite proud of. i haven't read all of anderson, though, because that's my twin's. and i didn't really feel like bothering to read it all, since its huge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails