Red Glass-- Laura Resau


This is not the type of book I usually read. Not a bit of fantasy in it. But my librarian told me I would love it, and my librarian has good taste, so I believed her.

It’s the story of a girl who thinks herself unattractive, paranoid, and delicate. Then her family takes in a little Mexican boy, and this delicate girl has to travel across Mexico to take him home, even though she desperately wants him to stay.

This book was interesting. Not in a good or bad way. As I said, it’s not what I usually read. There were parts of it I thought were very interesting, and others that made me yawn and say “move on!”

If you like stories about an awkward girl turning into a woman, and discovering what it really means to love, then you’ll like this book.

~Enna Isilee

3 comments:

  1. Well, it LOOKS like a fantasy-filled-type-of-book. Oh well. Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I does. But there's not a bit of fantasy in it. Some wishful thinking, but no fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this book not long ago and liked it quite a bit. It's true that not all of it was EXCITING, and there was definitely no fantasy, but some parts were funny, and other sad. Maybe I just like those kinds of books. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails