Squeakers' Picks of 2011

Here are the top YA 2011 releases as chosen by Squeaky Books readers!
Psst. This post looks better on the actual blog, rather than a feed reader. Just sayin'.

Tada! It's that time of year again! The voting this year wasn't quite as sucessful as last year. Only had 112 people vote (compared to 139). Not sure why... I supposedly have more followers. Oh well. The BIGGER problem was that even though there were over 400 votes, there were 160 books nominated. That's crazy! Apparently y'all were pretty split on which books were the best. Therefore, the voting this year was REALLY close. If you'd like to see last year's list, CLICK HERE. And now on to this year's list! Oh and before you comment you might want to look at this (and just 'cause it's funny).

Also I'll mention that these books will feature prominently in an upcoming contest (if you've been following the blog since last year you might know what that contest is). I'd advise you start brushing up on your 2012 releases...

And now the list!

#14 (With 4 votes each) 
Half-Blood by Jennifer Armentrout ( Goodreads | Amazon )
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson ( Goodreads | Amazon )
Destined by P.C. Cast ( Goodreads | Amazon )
The Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima ( Goodreads | Amazon )
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare ( Goodreads | Amazon )
The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa ( Goodreads | Amazon )
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness ( Goodreads | Amazon )
Inheritance by Christopher Paolini ( Goodreads | Amazon )
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab ( Goodreads | Amazon )

#13 (With 5 votes each)
Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter ( Goodreads | Amazon | My Review )
Entwined by Heather Dixon ( Goodreads | Amazon | My Review )
The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore ( Goodreads | Amazon )
Hourglass by Myra McEntire ( Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
Supernaturally by Kiersten White ( Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)

#12 (With 6 votes each)
Forever by Maggie Stiefvater ( Goodreads | Amazon )
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater ( Goodreads | Amazon | My Review )
Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari ( Goodreads | Amazon | My Review )

#11 (With 7 votes each)
The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa ( Goodreads | Amazon )
Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan ( Goodreads | Amazon )

#10 (With 8 votes each)
Enclave by Ann Aguirre ( Goodreads | Amazon | My Review )
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare ( Goodreads | Amazon )
Where She Went by Gayle Foreman ( Goodreads | Amazon )
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin ( Goodreads | Amazon )

#9 (With 9 votes)
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead ( Goodreads | Amazon )
My Thoughts: I've never had any desire to read any of Mead's books. But I will admit this one has a pretty cover.

#8 (With 10 votes)
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins ( Goodreads | Amazon )
My Thoughts: Anna and the French Kiss was definitely not my kind of book, so I've decided not to read this one. But I'm not surprised at all to see it on this list. Stephanie's writing is undeniably fun and cute.

#7 (With 11 votes)
Crossed by Ally Condie ( Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
My Thoughts: In case it isn't obvious, I adore this book. SOOOO happy it made it on the list. It totally deserves to.

#6 (With 13 votes)
Wither by Lauren DeStefano ( Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book, so I'm glad it's up here. It's not one of my top 10 of 2011, but it's definitely an honorable mention for me.

#5 (With 14 votes)
Across the Universe by Beth Revis ( Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
My Thoughts: People, if you thought THIS one was good, wait for the sequel. (Sorry to be so mean, but I had to say it.)

#4 (With 15 votes)
The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor ( Goodreads | Amazon )
My Thoughts: Um... have you been looking at my blog AT ALL recently? I clearly ADORE this book. So happy at least 15 of you do as well! I just realized that I still haven't posted my review of this! Bad, Enna Isilee! Bad!

#3 (With 16 votes)
Delirium by Lauren Oliver ( Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
My Thoughts: Thought this was a great book. Not one of my top of 2011, but definitely one people should read if they like dystopia/romance.

#2 (With 19 votes)
Blood Red Road by Moira Young ( Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
My Thoughts: Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. SOOOOO happy this made 2nd place. Would have preferred #1, but I'll take what I can get. If you haven't seen me gush over this book, please look here and here. I'll give you one guess as to what my favorite book of the year is.

#1 (With 35 votes)
Divergent by Veronica Roth (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
My Thoughts: What an awesome book. It has an amazing protagonist, an incredibly detailed and interesting world, and a kick-butt story that can appeal to all kinds of readers. I recommended this one to my aunt and she loved it. It's one that almost anyone can enjoy.

Well? What do we think? Is it close to what you have on your personal top books of 2011 list? I'll be posting my top 11 in '11 list at the very end of the year. I'm surprised by how many I haven't read on this one, but unlike last year there aren't any that I haven't heard of. And all of the top 9 books I've either read, or am perfectly fine with never reading. All in all, a purty interesting year for books.

4 comments:

  1. Entering this book list made me realize how few book were published this year that I read. My library is still trying to catch up on books since it was shut down for a year and I'm catching up too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blood Red Road was really amazing! I loved it.
    And Divergent was good just like Across the Universe. I thought I'd love Delirium but it's just ok. I'm currently reading Before I Fall and it's so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!! So excited that Blood Red Road finish so high on the list. That book is absolutely brilliant.

    I just wish that Inheritance had finished in the top ten, it was a great ending to a fabulous series.

    There are so many books mentioned here that I have not read yet. Will definitely have to remedy this as soon as possible. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails