*Outside In-- Maria V. Snyder

Release Date: SUPPOSED to be March 1st, 2011 (but it released early most places)
Genre:  Sci-fi, Romance, Dystopia, Mystery
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 326
Rating:
Amazon Link*: Click here
Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary: (Spoilers. Highlight to view)
Me? A Leader? Okay, I did prove that there's more to Inside than we knew. That a whole world exists beyond this cube we live in. And finding that led to a major rebellion - between worker scrubs like me and the snobby uppers who rule our world. Make that ruled. Because of me, we're free. I thought that meant I was off the hook, and could go off on my own again - while still touching base with Riley, of course. He's the one upper I think I can trust. But then we learned that there's outside and then there is Outside. And something from Outside wants In
Review: As most of you know the first book in this series, Inside Out, was my favorite book of 2010. And that's mainly because of The Twist (those of you who have read it know what I'm talking about). Because of this, I was both really excited, and really nervous to read this book. After all, I don't know what Maria could have done to top The Twist.

And to be honest, she didn't top it, but that's okay.

Even without a twist, Outside In still proved a very gripping read. There's sabotage, internal conflict, some steamy romance (maybe too steamy for younger readers? Definitely steamier than Inside Out), and an all around good story. If you liked Inside Out then I bet you will like Outside In. However, if you were on the fence with Inside Out you might not like this one.

MY only issue was the ending. It took a long time to get to the climax, and when we did get there everything happened really fast. Bodies flying, people dying, CRAZINESS. And then done. Everything wrapped up in a nice neat little bow. But there were some things that were still left unexplained. Nothing HUGE (you can live without knowing it), but I still would have liked to find out.

I think there EASILY could have been an Upside Down and maybe even a Downside Up (I just made those up. They aren't real). This series has a lot more story to tell, and I hope Maria decides to tell it. But, if she doesn't, Outside In does end in such a way that I won't die without a sequel. I'll just suffer a little.

All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2011

*I am an amazon affiliate. If you purchase this book using my link, I will get a tiny fraction of the purchase, which goes toward contests.

3 comments:

  1. Great review. I've been looking forward to this for a while, but after what you said about the romance, I'm a little iffy. Would you mind doing a content rating for this at Rating Reads? It's really easy, and I'd really appreciate it. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh...there are two local signings next week...and I'll be home...

    (Okay...so I'm just rubbing it in...but you get Shannon Hale, okay?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I wouldn't trade her for the world. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails