Top 5 covers of 2010

Due to the number of images, this post will look better on the blog than it does on a feed reader.

Lots of people have been announcing their favorite covers of 2010 and I wanted to join in! These aren't my favorite reads of 2010, but I did really like the covers.

I wanted to pick 10 covers, but when I started browsing there were only 5 that really stood out. It takes quite a bit to impress me with a cover. So even though there were plenty that I really liked, these were my top 5, and they were HARD to choose!



#5 Bright Young Things, by Anna GodbersenThe models they use for Godbersen's covers always stun me. And the dresses! and the hair! I just love ALL of it. And I think the cover for the sequel of this book is even MORE gorgeous (but I have a prejudice for brunettes).









#4 Halo, by Alexandra Adornetto
Even though I didn't really like this book, I can't deny that the cover is lovely. Those wings are BEAUTIFUL (even though they look WAY to frail to actually fly), and this just makes me think of some perfect scene from a period film. Lovely.






#3 Anna and the French Kiss, by Stephanie Perkins
Again, not a huge fan of this book, but the cover is so cute! I love the expression on Anna's face, and the outfits, and the font, and the Eiffel Tower, and the sky, and the grass, and EVERYTHING! My only issue is that I think the cover is almost too cute for the book. The book had some really funny dialogue and description, but it's a little grittier than the cover lets on.







#2 Nighshade, by Andrea Cremer
This cover is so intense. I love the purple hair and lips, and the glowing golden eyes. The drop of blood on the "t" has always looked a little weird to me, but I love the blood on the lillies. It took me a second look to even realize that it WAS blood. This cover sends the PERFECT message.






#1 Matched, by Ally Condie
It shouldn't come as a shock to anyone that this is my #1 pick. I adore this cover. Not only is that kind of green my FAVORITE, the simplicity and grace of this cover is just simply stunning. I'm SO SAD that the final version didn't have the same aqueous flood (sparklies) that the ARC had. But I understand why they had to get rid of it.




So? What do you think? Do you agree with any of my choices? What are your top covers of 2010?


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2010

4 comments:

  1. I totally forgot that the MATCHED arc was sparkley... I had whatever comes before the arc and it just had quotes on it. :( Still, what a gorgeous cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MATCHED would definitely be on my list too! Very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I was seriously starting to think I was the only person who liked the BYT cover having seen some criticism elsewhere! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, I totally agree. Those are awesome covers:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails