Squeakers' Picks of 2010

Here are the top YA 2010 releases as chosen by Squeaky Books readers!
Psst. This post looks better on the actual blog, rather than a feed reader. Just sayin'.

Wow! By the end I had over 600 eligible votes. Thanks for the great response, guys! I've narrowed the list down to the top #15 groups (roughly 40 books). Check 'em out! Winners are annouced at the end of the post. There'll be a contest relating to these books announced on Monday. I'm not telling you exactly what it is, but I would advise that you brush up on the 2011 releases. *wink*

#15 (with 4 votes each)
Brightly Woven, Alexandra Bracken (Goodreads | Amazon)
Halo, Alexandra Adornetto (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
I Am Number Four, Pittacus Lore (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
Infinite Days, Rebecca Maizel (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
Spells, Aprilynne Pike (Goodreads | Amazon)

#14 (with 5 votes each)
A Conspiracy of Kings, Megan Whalen Turner (Goodreads | Amazon)
Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour, Morgan Matson (Goodreads | Amazon)
The Dead Tossed Waves, Carrie Ryan (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
Heist Society, Ally Carter (Goodreads | Amazon)
Incarceron, Catherine Fisher (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
The Lost Hero, Rick Riordan (Goodreads | Amazon)
Mistwood, Leah Cypress (Goodreads | Amazon)
Pegasus, Robin McKinley (Goodreads | Amazon)
Revolution, Jennifer Donnelly (Goodreads | Amazon)
Shade, Jeri Smith-Ready (Goodreads | Amazon)

#13 (with 6 votes each)
Anna and the French Kiss, Stephanie Perkins (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
Behemoth, Scott Westerfeld (Goodreads | Amazon)
Last Sacrifice, Richelle Mead (Goodreads | Amazon)
The Reckoning, Kelley Armstrong (Goodreads | Amazon)

#12 (With 7 votes)
Hex Hall, Rachel Hawkins (Goodreads | Amazon)

#11 (With 8 votes)
Beautiful Darkness, Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
Crescendo, Becca Fitzpatrick (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
The Iron King, Julie Kagawa (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
The Scorch Trials, James Dashner (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)

#10 (With 9 votes)
Birthmarked, Caragh O’Brien (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
The Body Finder, Kimberly Derting (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
Firelight, Sophie Jordan (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
The Iron Daughter, Julie Kagawa (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
Spirit Bound, Richelle Mead (Goodreads | Amazon)
Torment, Lauren Kate (Goodreads | Amazon)
White Cat, Holly Black (Goodreads | Amazon)

#9 (With 11 votes)
Nevermore, Kelly Creagh (Goodreads | Amazon)
My Thoughts: The cover of this one has done a pretty good job of scaring me away. But if y'all liked it so much I'll be sure to give it a try.
#8 (With 12 votes)
Demon’s Covenant, Sarah Rees Brennan (Goodreads | Amazon)
My Thoughts: I picked up the first book in this series back when it first came out, but never got around to reading it. I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I'll definitely have to find time for this series.
#7 (With 14 votes)
Nightshade, Andrea Cremer (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
My Thoughts: I love this book. It's so... different. And it has so many layers. It's just fab.
#6 (With 15 votes)
Linger, Maggie Stiefvater (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
My Thoughts: This series has a ton of loyal followers. So I'm not surprised at all this is on here. Would it have been one of my top picks? No. I think there are other werewolf books that are better, but I do still really enjoy this series.
#5 (With 16 votes)
Before I Fall, Lauren Oliver (Goodreads | Amazon)
My Thoughts: I took this off of my Christmas wishlist because of some sketchy things. But just because I don't want to own it doesn't mean I don't want to read it. I'm most definitely picking this one up when I get a chance.
#4 (With 20 votes)
Matched, Ally Condie (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
My Thoughts: I ADORE THIS BOOK! I'm so happy it made it onto the list. Ally is the sweetest, and this book deserves all the hype it can possibly get!
#3 (With 29 votes)
Paranormalcy, Kiersten White (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
My Thoughts: I would have been shocked if this hadn't been in the top 5. Kiersten has such a fun, original, and quirky voice that this book just makes me so happy!
#2 (With 38 votes)
Clockwork Angel, Cassandra Clare (Goodreads | Amazon)
My Thoughts: Okay. I've got to finished the Mortal Instruments series ASAP so I can get to this! Oh, and have y'all seen the cover for City of Fallen Angels yet?
#1 (Wich 51 votes)
Mockingjay, Suzanne Collins (Goodreads | Amazon)
My Thoughts: Is this a shock to anyone? Really? This is probably the most read YA book of the year, so I'm not surprised at all that it's #1. I didn't review this book because I viewed it as a necessarily evil. My feelings are very complicated towards this book. But there were quite a few people who only nominated this book.

So there you go! I'm surprised by how many of these I haven't read. Hopefully I can read them all someday! I'll be posting my personal "Best of 2010" list closer to the new year. Now for winners!

Winner of the random YA prize pack:
Jenn Sim
Winners of the $5 Amazon Gift Cards:
Orchid

Tina


Yay, winners! I'll be contacting you sometime within the next 48 hours. Or, if you'd rather you can contact me. You have 48 hours upon my sending your e-mail to respond, otherwise I pick a new winner.

All right! That's everything. Remember, there'll be a contest announced on Monday!
All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2010

3 comments:

  1. Mockingjay had to be #1. Woooo! I'm just sad that Monsters of Men didn't even make the list... maybe it can be the #1 most under-rated book of 2010! Thanks for compiling all of the results :) I love "Best of ___" lists, regardless of who wins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many great books listed here. I need to bookmark this and read the ones I didn't get to...I did get to most of the top ten, though, and agree with what people chose. Thanks for compiling all of this for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently reading Paranormalcy, and I'm so glad it made the top five (Kiersten White has an amazing writing voice).

    I think I was one of the winners, but I never got an email, and was offline during the holidays so...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails