Cloaked-- Alex Flinn

Release Date: February 8th, 2011
Genre:  Twisted Fairy Tale, Romance, Fantasy
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pages: 256
Rating:
Amazon Link*: Click Here
Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary: 
Johnny’s not your average hero. But a little magic changes everything. There isn’t a fairy godmother or any of that. It all starts with a curse. And a frognapping. And one hot-looking princess. And before Johnny knows it, he is on a mission in the Evergladws, with only a flock of swans and a talking fox named Joe to help guide him against the forces of an evil witch.
Review: I've never read any of Flinn's books, but I've heard a lot about the upcoming Beastly movie and I'm a sucker for twisted fairy tales. So when I had a chance to be on the ARC tour of this I thought, "Why not?"

I'm really glad I decided to participate. This book is a really cute, light read. Totally predictable. Cheesy. Cute. Fun. And NOTHING like what I was expecting after hearing stuff about Beastly. If you're in a reading slump, I'd recommend picking up Cloaked. It doesn't require a whole lot of brainpower, but it had me smiling.

This book is froth. But as anyone who knows me (or Shannon) knows, froth is delicious. Froth is what makes things like Root Beer Floats amazing. And yes, I just capitalized Root Beer Floats.


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2010

*I am an amazon affiliate. If you purchase this book using my link, I will get a tiny fraction of the purchase, which goes toward contests.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun read! Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read Beastly and now Cloaked. I love fun, frothy reads ... That is partially why I love YA in general. It's great to relax with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. Sometimes you really do just need some light reading and just because it's fluff doesn't mean it's not well written and enjoyable. Can't wait for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Alex Flinn, her novel, Diva is one of my favorite books. and Beastly is great, glad you liked Cloaked!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails