Time for Christmas Reading!

REMINDER: Today is the last day to nominate your favorite books of 2010. I still need a few more people in order to add another Amazon gift card. Click here for details.

I'm free! I had my last final this morning (Linear algebra at 7am, Ugh.) and it's smooth sailing from now until January 4th. Yee-haw! And that means:

Christmas Reading!

I always have really lofty goals for Christmas reading, and I rarely meet them. I bet it'll be the same this year, but I'll still try! Here's my pile:



Here's the text-list:

Rot and Ruin, Jonathan Maberry (Goodreads | Amazon)
Plague, Michael Grant (Goodreads | Amazon)
Unearthly, Cynthia Hand (Goodreads | Amazon)
A Conspiracy of Kings, Megan Whalen Turner (Goodreads | Amazon)
Fire, Kristin Cashore (Goodreads | Amazon)
Generation Dead, Daniel Waters (Goodreads | Amazon)
Soulstice, Simon Holt (Goodreads | Amazon)
Need, Carrie Jones (Goodreads | Amazon)
Hearts at Stake, Alyxandra Harvey (Goodreads | Amazon)
City of Ashes, Cassandra Clare (Goodreads | Amazon)
City of Glass, Cassandra Clare (Goodreads | Amazon)
Clone Codes, McKissack & McKissack (Goodreads | Amazon)
Dark Life, Kat Falls (Goodreads | Amazon)

I'm starting with Rot & Ruin, since it's a library book. I need to get through at least 5 of them to meet my goal, and I'd really like to finish the Mortal Instruments series, but other than that I don't have any particular order planned. Have you read any of these? Did you like them? Is there one I just have to read?

Is Christmas a reading time for you?


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2010

14 comments:

  1. I'm reading Fire right now and Rot & Ruin is SO good! I hope you enjoy them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading NEED by Carrie Jones over Christmas break, as well. It sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fire & A Conspiracy of Kings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great stack, girl! Have fun getting through it :D
    I'm just guessing, though, that you will not like FIRE. From what I hear, it's way worse, content-wise, than GRACELING. But I'm going to try and read PLAGUE over the break, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome list! I actually don't think I've read any of them. I, too, have grand plans for Christmas reading. It's roughly 10 books long right now, but I know I'm going to get more books as gifts, so I've got to get through at least a few of them.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely be sure to read Unearthly. I loved it so much! Hearts at Stake and the Mortal Instruments series are good reads as well.

    Enjoy your Christmas reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also would like to actually get around to reading City of Ashes and Glass because I've only read the first one and with City of Fallen Angels coming out in a few months I need to get caught up. Looks like you have some great books on your list though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have big reading goals as well for Christmas. I have been waiting for my break from school so I can read for leisure again lol. Hopefully I can get through my pile in time.

    Good luck to you and of course, happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought Unearthly was decent. It wasn't great, but as far as the genre goes, it did things differently, which was a pleasant change.

    How is linear algebra? I have it next semester....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Conspiracy of Kings is a must-read. I can't remember correctly, but I think earlier (like a few months back) you started it and didn't finish? It's a great book, although you might take a little while to get into it. I know I loved it, and it just gets better the further you read. MWT is an amazing author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read Fire and had mixed feelings about it. The main character, who is only 17, comes across as a grown woman and her attitude toward sex bothered me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Need. I couldn't finish it for various reasons - none related to swearing or anything like that. It just was not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christmas is also one of the best seasons for me to stack up a reading list.(btw, nice selection). i'm already in the last leg of the mortal instruments trilogy and it's a good thing that i still have time to start on the clockwork angel. hope you have fun =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails