Nobody’s Princess-- Esther Friesner


The story of Helen of Troy, like I’d never seen before.


When I think of Helen I think of a beautiful girl who caused one of the greatest wars of all time. I don’t think I ever really thought of her as a person. But let me tell you- Helen is sassy and she rocks! It was great to see her grow up and her thoughts.

This book read a little choppily for me. Jumping from event to event and not really flushing out any of them. It seemed to me that the ending of this book was more of a beginning, which makes me eager for the sequel, Nobody’s Prize.

Great girl-power book. Enjoyable read.

~Enna Isilee

I've got a ton of overdue reviews hanging over my head, so I'll be posting at least once a day. And I WILL do Mondays [note lack of apostrophe] with Jane tomorrow. It's a good 'un. So...

Coming soon, a review of Jinx by Meg Cabot

8 comments:

  1. This seems really cool, I'll have to read it. *adds to super-long list to buy*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a review for this a while back, I really want to read it. I can't find it anywhere, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm. I always thought of Helen as a self-centered, arrogant twit. But that could be because I did a report on her once, where I had almost no sources. I also read Goddess of Yesterday (I recommend (did I spell that right?) it).

    No apostrophe! Thank you, Enna Isilee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm waiting for paperback for this one, but I really want to read it. More than once, I've almost bought it.

    Q, I really liked Goddess of Yesterday too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this for Christmas, but haven't gotten to read it yet. I can't wait to though!

    I'm Sophie, from LittleRedReadingHood, by the way.

    --Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked this book a lot!

    And I tagged you with a meme, if you'd like to play:

    http://inkmagic.blogspot.com/2008/01/evas-reading-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Must read! It sounds like it's really kewel. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very ironic. I reviewed this on the Maelstrom not many days back. It's interesting to see a new take on the wonders of Ms. Friesner's writings. Check out what I wrote if you'd like as it might be fun to compare. It's the third post down I believe.

    Laughing in surprise,
    *Aella Siofra*

    http://www.maelstrombooks.blogspot.com

    P.S. We just had an interview with her as well if you'd like to see some background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails