Jinx-- Meg Cabot


I have never read a Meg Cabot book before, though I’ve heard of her, of course. This book was… interesting. At first I read it and I said to myself, “Oh great another teenage relationship/social problem book.” Blech. I get so bored of those. Only one author comes to mind that I’ve read that can really pull it off (I’m sure there are others I’ve just never read). But I was wrong! This book is about magic and it’s truly magical. She’s mixed in the “relationship/social problems” into a story of witchcraft and cunning. There are still a few “teenager angst” moments and some drug usage, but nothing critical.

I liked it.

~Enna Isilee

Coming soon, a review of Icing on the Cake by Elodia Strain

4 comments:

  1. Waiting for paperback for this one.

    I used to not like Meg Cabot. I read The Princess Diaries and Princess in the Spotlight when I was ten, and I was way too young for those and tended to avoid her work until my cousin said her favorite book was All-American Girl. So I picked that one up and really liked it and have read some more of her books. Her writing is just lots of fun, and I'm reading Princess Mia right now and really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jinx is actually one of her more boring books - my book club's fav's include Avalon High and Mediator.

    enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Meg Cabot is decent; worth reading, but not on par with some better writers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any Meg Cabot. I guess I should try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails