Dragon’s Keep-- Janet Lee Carey


“Pity it should be your wedding finger.” ~20th Queen of Wilde Island

Rosalind, the 21st queen of whom Merlin spoke in his prophecy, is cursed. Her left ring finger is that of a dragon’s claw, and for this she wears gloves her entire life. Until one day a dragon finds beauty in her claw, and takes her away. Rosalind will have to learn to embrace both sides of herself. Both man, and beast.




Too much death.

That’s my only complaint about the book. Too much death. I just felt weighted down and depressed whenever someone died. Once I even cried.

But other than that it’s a really fantastic read. It’s interesting to see how much a person can love someone, and yet what they’ll do to get what they want.

Simple enough review.

~Enna Isilee

Coming soon, a review of Mira, Mirror by Mette Ivie Harrison


14 comments:

  1. Ooo, I really liked Mira, Mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I don't remember much death in this book, but maybe that's because most of the time it just didn't hold my interest. I just know that it wasn't what I was expecting, and not in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I read this... just can't remember.

    Good Review. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. D'ya think so? Good enough? ;)

    And did you notice I added contact info?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this is totally off topic, but I really like your profile pic, Enna Isilee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just noticed. (I'm not too observant at six in the morning) It's a good idea!

    More than good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep. And I'm going to register www.squeakybooks.com

    *sigh* and then I may do some commenting, and hopefully make it sincere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bohae:

    I was thinking of just changing it to be the butterfly, what do you think about that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my goodness, you're getting your own domain! That is SO cool. Can I help with your HTML? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nothing fancy. If you type in www.squeakybooks.com it'll just take you here. Until I can think of something else to do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It just took me to a "Cannot Find Server" page.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well I haven't registered it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. *adds to to-read list* I really like the new layout.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dragons Keep was a great young adult novel. The character Rosalind tugs at the reader's heart as she is trapped by a 600-year-old prophecy, her over protective mother, and dragons.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails