The Icing on the Cake-- Elodia Strain


*raucous laughter* This- book- made- me- laugh- so- hard! Taiger’s aunt recommended it to her and then Taiger recommended it to me and I adored it! It was so cute. Utterly non-fantasy (which I usually never read) and yet utterly enjoyable.

It’s LDS fiction and all about a young woman and just the stresses of her life. Balancing work, church, love, family, and morals. Delightful. It's also a fantastic love story. And it's real.

There were a few LDS moments that were slower (even for me, and I am LDS) but these moments gave the book a more... real feel, and added a dimension beyond just comedy.

I was a bit reluctant to post this, as I know that not all of you are LDS and don’t agree with some of the views, but I keep a perfectly neutral view and so does the book. Of course, most of the characters believe their religion is correct, but there is no bashing of other religions.

I think that’s all I need to say…

~Enna Isilee

Coming soon, a review on A Great and Terrible Beauty and Rebel Angels by Libba Bray

9 comments:

  1. Yes, this book is great. If the LDS church was never mentioned in this book, I doubt anyone of you would have even noticed. Besides the fact that she has good values, which most people from other churches have as well. I loved Annabelle (the main character). She was so real, I think anyone would enjoy reading her story. She is a delightful narrator. As long as you keep an open mind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't actually have a copy... but I'm planning on buying one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my aunt's copy, but I don't think it's a good idea to mail someone else book. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great book, I'll have to check if it's in my library. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a really great book! Maybe I'll see if they have it at the library too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not read an LDS fiction book in a long time. But its good to know there are some good ones out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might try it. I mean I'm not LDS, but I doubt it would bother me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, and I would read a book if it was about a Catholic or Baptist, etc. It wouldn't bother me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails