Midnighters-- Scott Westerfeld

There is a secret hour, in a secret place, and the people who know of it keep it secret. It’s not hard, they’re the only ones who know about it. Them… and the monsters.

Muahaha.

Nice stories. They seem long but they’re really easy to read. I’ve only read the first two. There are some parts that are fascinating. I love numbers and words, and this has a lot of numbers and words in it (if you don’t like numbers or words, don’t worry, you don’t have to think about them really hard).

It’s a pretty typical Westerfeld story and I have a little warning. I think Mr. Westerfeld went through some kind of… crisis between the first and second books because the first book it fine, a little tense in places but clean. The second book… confused me. All of a sudden it’s like the characters all learned how to cuss. And they aren’t afraid to do it either.

It’s not horrific. Nothing you don’t hear in a high-school hallway, but that’s no excuse. Language is language.

End.

~Enna Isilee

Coming soon, a review of Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George

1 comment:

  1. I read the first two and I stopped reading them, but I don't always continue reading things.

    I liked the first one a lot, but the second one really didn't make me want to keep reading too much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails