Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow-- Jessica Day George


A girl with no name, known simply as “the lass” or “pika” is given the ability to speak to animals, and the most beautiful name. She is taken to live with a great white bear for one year and one day and her family will become rich. But soon her true love is taken away from her and she must travel east of the sun and west of the moon to save him.

I. Loved. This. Book. It was simply wonderful! I don’t know what it is about fairy-tales turned into novels but I just can’t get enough! The characters were delightful and the mystery was entrancing. I loved Dragon Slippers but it doesn’t hold a candle to this book! Jessica, you’ve outdone yourself!

I didn’t even know it was out yet! I saw it a week ago at the bookstore (while meeting Rick Riordan) and my grandpa offered to buy it for me (I would have bought it myself but I have absolutely no money). I didn’t think it would be anything like it actually turned out to be. I don’t know why exactly.

Ah! Now I’m so excited for Dragon Flight I want more George! (or is it Day George? Is Day part of the last name? A middle name? A maiden name? Inquiring minds want to know.)

*squee!*

~Enna Isilee

Coming soon, an interview with Jessica Day George discussing Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow (squee!).
And a review of Hush by Donna Jo Napoli

11 comments:

  1. Yay! I really want to read this, but I need to wait until I get a job before I can buy more books. *sigh*

    Have you ever read East by Edith Patou? It was fabulous, same fairy tale, and really, really good. As I'm sure this book was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom's read East and I've had a bunch of people tell me to read it, but I haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My copy just arrived from Amazon today, and I'm really excited to read it.

    Hurray for your first interview; I still haven't summoned up the courage to email an author and ask for an interview yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. East is really good. This one sounds cool. I hope to be able to read it sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read this book :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, another book to add to my long list... =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So...are you satisfied with your decision, Enna Isilee? I am pretty sure Shannon reccomended this one too, so I'll have to find it.

    Yes. Read East. It's pretty fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this book. That's so cool you're interviewing someone. I'd feel kind of awkward asking an author, but I really want too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm currently reading this. :) So far, so good.

    Looking forward to the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been hearing all kinds of good things about this book! I'm looking forward to reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds fabulous! I'm sort of currently reading this. I started it and now it's somewhere in the center of my enormous TBR pile.

    Can't wait to see the interview, Enna Isilee!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails