A Slew

Here’s the deal. I have an absolutely cRaZy week this week and so I won’t be around for much posting so in this one post I’m going to give you Monday’s with Jane (which I missed) and TWO book reviews (you should feel so lucky). And then it should get a little less crazy next week. But I won’t really have my life back until after the play is over and after I take the ACT (again). So here we go:

Monday’s with Jane:


“Certainly silly things do cease to be silly if they are done by sensible people in an impudent way.”

~Emma Woodhouse



The Lighthouse Land-- Adrian McKinty

This is a pretty common book. Boy has sad life. Boy travels to different world. Boy’s life gets better and yet more hectic, boy meets girl and then I can’t say the rest or I’ll “give” it away.

Nothing special about this book really except that it was very modern- there were references to Shrek 3 etc. I don’t think that’s a good plan. When things are that modern, in a few years it will have become obscure. So read it fast! *wink*

It’s not a bad book. It’s well written; has a semi-interesting story; and is great when you don’t really have anything else to read. It’s also got some depressing stuff about cancer and divorce but that’s not too bad.






Keturah and Lord Death-- Martine Leavitt

“I will tell you a story of magic and love, of daring and death, and one to comfort your heart. It will be the truest story I have ever told. Now listen, and tell me if it is not so.”



Ah! I loved this book. Just finished it tonight. It’s very similar to Shadow Spinner. Keturah tells stories to Lord Death and promises to tell him the ending if he’ll just let her live one more day. And Death agrees. Plus, he says that if she can find her one true love, he’ll let her live.

This book read a lot like a fairy tale. It was short and sweet. The ending nearly made me cry (I’m a wuss) and I’m so glad it was recommended to me (thank you Kirstin! [I think that’s her name…] ).

END

So that’s that. Now I’m off to my CrAzY week! Phew.

~Enna Isilee

Coming whenever I have time, a review on whatever book I happen to decide to review.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Mondays with Jane! It makes up for there not being a microstory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the play and ACT!

    I really want to read Keturah and Lord Death, but I haven't gotten it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with your crazy week!

    You've sold me on Keturah and Lord Death...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the craziness. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek! Enna Isilee! There should be no apostrophe on "Mondays"!

    No! Stop it you copy editor demon! Begone! *wrestles it into oblivion*

    Erm... Anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear. Did I meantion how crazy this week was? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails