Into the Wild-- Sarah Beth Durst

I uh… I have to collect my thoughts… Meanwhile, watch this lovely book trailer made by my friend Mima:



Okay. I’m ready now.

Ho-ly Cow.

This book was FANTASTIC! I’m talking Shannon Hale fantastic (and those of you who know me know how fantastic that is).

I’ve been spoiled for about 18 months. I’ve had the Bayern books and Austenland and other Hale works. They’re magnificent. Other books looked different after I had found such wonderful writing. That’s why Into the Wild was such a treat.

It’s about Julie, daughter of Rapunzel, and her secret- guarding the [not so nice] fairy tale world that is “The Wild.” The Wild escapes however, and it’s up to Julie to stop it with the help of her brother, Puss-in-Boots.

I almost cried while reading this, not because of the plot, but because it was so good! It was such a wonder to find this book!

Right now I can’t really say anything other than it was good. My brain is just fried! I stayed up late finishing it and just lay in bed going “that was amazing. That was so good. How can I sleep after that?”

Oh! And the epilogue! *Ecstatic sigh*

I’ve been torn over whether I would like it if Ms. Durst wrote a sequel. I would love to read more, but then it’s so perfect as it is! Amazing! Ah!

And if you don’t like it… don’t tell me *wink*

I should stop now. Ah!
~Enna Isilee

Coming soon, a review on Swan Maiden by Heather Tomlinson

Hey-ho Squeaky Books readers! Listen up!

I'm trying to update my links so that anyone who has ever posted on my blog is there, if you don't see yourself let me know and I'll be sure to fix it!

10 comments:

  1. I really liked Into the Wild, but it took me a while to get used to the lower reading level.

    Mima's book trailer's awesome, isn't it?

    There is a sequel: Out of the Wild. It comes out in June, I think.

    I just got The Swan Maiden, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sequel? Fer real? I'm out of the loop I guess.

    I'm interested to see what you think of Swan Maiden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of the Wild

    I'll let you know when I have a review posted (since you mentioned it, I started reading it and like it a lot so far). :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad you liked it! And thanks for posting the trailer. :)
    I can't wait for Out of the Wild...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not I have to find that book! Enna Isilee, you have intrigued me. If only by saying it is equal to Shannon.

    I think I've been spoiled too, and because of it I'm going into Shannon Hale withdrawls. Probably not a good thing. But I have no specific date to look forward to either. So I must suffer.

    And when (if) I get published, I will give you a link for your site, but I don't have anything else to put on there until then. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first started TSM I didn't like it, but then I loved it, but more on that later.

    Ooh! The cover for OOTW is gorgeous! Ah! I can't wait until June!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet! Sounds so kewel! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. The trailer is fabulous. The book sounds amazing. I'm in love w/books for heaven's sake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Swan Maiden is AMAZING. I loved it so much. :o)

    Mads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, so THAT'S what "the Wild" is! Well, I guess I'll have to read this!

    Hey, I'm in your links...coolio.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails