How I Live Now—Meg Rosoff

I decided to buy this book because a) I picked it up and it was so cute and small and paperbackish that I couldn’t resist. b) I had previously seen this:



What did you think of that? It sound interesting eh? Well if you’re anything like me I’m here to tell you that that is not what this book is about.

Oh yeah sure, there is lots of running around through forests and nearly starving to death. But the underlying theme is very inappropriate. I don’t want to give anything away, but as I was reading the last pages of this book I was actually saying out loud, “This is wrong. This is wrong.” It just left me with a bad taste in my mouth and a pit where my stomach once was.

Don’t get me wrong. The writing is incredible, Ms. Rosoff has no lack of writing skill, but the story left me sick to my stomach. Be warned of it’s inappropriate nature and minor swearing.

So I wouldn’t recommend this book, but if you read it… I won’t think badly of you.

~Enna Isilee

Coming soon, a review of Into the Wild by Sarah Beth Durst

3 comments:

  1. Yeah...that trailer is pretty misleading. It makes it look a lot like the Tomorrow Series, which I don't recall it being similar to except there's a war with an unnamed enemy (at least I think that's how it is in this book?) going on. Personally I just thought it was WEIRD in a lot of ways (mostly the one you're talking about, though) and wasn't that impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and read Elantris by Brandon Sanderson.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails