**Supernaturally-- Kiersten White

Release Date: July 26th, 2011
Genre:  Paranormal, Romance
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 352
Rating:
Amazon Link*: Click Here
Goodreads Page: Click here
Series: Paranormalcy #2 (Review of #1)
Summary: (Spoilers. Highlight to view) 
A lot has changed in the six months since Evie escaped from the International Paranormal Containment Agency with her shape-shifter boyfriend, Lend. She finally has the blissfully normal life she’s always dreamed of, including:
1) A real live high school
2) A perfectly ordinary after-school job
3) Her very own locker (and by the way, rusted metal is every bit as awesome as she imagined)


But Evie’s not-so-normal past keeps creeping up on her...and things get pretty complicated when you factor in:
1) A centuries-old, seriously decaying vampire stalker
2) A crazy faerie ex-boyfriend who is the perpetual bearer of really bad news
3) A major battle brewing between the faerie courts where the prize in question happens to be...Evie herself.


So much for normal.
Review: This review will hopefully be spoiler-free, but I cannot promise that I won't accidentally say something that you consider a spoiler. You've been warned.

I was SO excited to have a chance to re-enter the world of Evie, Lend, and my other paranormal friends. And Supernaturally didn't disappoint. Kiersten's HI-larious characters shine! Evie has the best personality ever. I want to be her best friend.

This book manages to avoid A LOT of those perilous sequel-pitfalls. There's virtually NO sequel-phase in Evie and Lend's relationship (just a little, and it's warranted), and Kiersten creates action and conflict WITHOUT creating unnecessary drama. Brilliant!

Be warned though, this is certainly more of a learning book, and less of an action book. It doesn't have the same kick-boom-POW that Paranormalcy had. But even though the pace is slower, this book is AWESOME because you learn A TON. All those questions you wanted answers in book #1? They got answered. But don't be thinking that's the end! There's a WHOLE LOT more questions you'll be craving answers for after you finish Supernaturally.

If you're a fan of Paranormalcy then you'll be a big fan of Supernaturally.

If you're not a fan of Paranormalcy, then you haven't read it yet. You should go do that.

All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2011

*I am an amazon affiliate. If you purchase this book using my link, I will get a tiny fraction of the purchase, which goes toward contests.

9 comments:

  1. This is the three books I've been waiting for this year, so yay! This is going on my preorder list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear it is just as good as the first one!!! I REALLY can't wait to read it now :D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't WAIT to read this one!!! This is the first review of it that I've seen so now I'm pumped :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this novel and loved it but I get what you are saying about it being a learning book. Evie certainly does find out a lot about who she is. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very jealous you got to read Supernaturally! It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ack! I can't wait, and reading reviews only makes it worse. Sometimes I think ARCs are evil ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome review. Thanks for the honesty on the pacing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want to read the second book so bad that i am on my knees begging for the first one to come out

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails