You wanna know something really, really sad?

Have any of you noticed a lack of book reviews lately? *sigh* Yeah, me too. That's because I haven't read anything since I read Rumors back in AUGUST! First it was just school, and I needed to get into a new rhythm, then it was work, and I actually needed to find time to read, which was not easy. And then I agreed to help out with a side project that has consumed a lot of my reading time and yet I still feel like it's taking me forever. I really enjoy this side project, but I've had my sibling's birthday, my birthday, work, school, there was a time when I thought I might have mono (don't worry, it's just a cold, no mono). *sigh* again.

Anyway, back to reading. I've been searching high and low for a book I want to read. But here's what happened:

I wanted to read Cybele's Secret, I ordered it, but it won't get her for a while.
I wanted to read Tithe, full of not-nice stuff, so I stopped reading it (after the first chapter).
I wanted to read City of Ember, this series has intrigued me for a while now, but no library has it because EVERYONE apparently wants to read it!
I wanted to read Inkheart, so that I could refresh my memory for Inkdeath, but my copy is lost, and the library copy is lost!

So yesterday, after work, I got desperate. I ran to the closest bookstore I could find. Didn't even have to scan the shelves, I knew right where I was going. I grabbed City of Ember off the shelf, ran to the front desk, bought it for $5.75(Cheap right?), and dashed back home.

*calming sigh* I'm going to start it today.

Oh geez. If it's a disappointment my head may explode.

Wish me luck!
~Enna Isilee

11 comments:

  1. Oh, no! That's awful! I hate it when I don't have time to read. I did like The City of Ember, and I hope you will, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel, i've got work, school, and i'm the senior editor for the 50th anniversary edition of the yearbook. I have authors sending me books and i'm loosing sleep because i don't want to make them wait too long for my review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm about 175 pages in, I like it.

    Half of my left hand falls asleep when I read lying down. Only half. Is that weird?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain. I have no time to read right now, either. Unfortunately, I have a stack of about 7 books to read, not to mention the fact I'll probably be ordering Cybelle's Secret and How to Ditch Your Fairy as reward for getting through the insane week I'll be having. So yeah. I feel for ya.

    (Oh, and I liked City of Ember pretty well, hopefully you will too)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stopped a chapter into Tithe, too. :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. My problem isn't so much time, I have plenty of it. But I don't have access to a library, or the money for a new book. I was recently able to buy a book at a bookstore, but I can't always do that. I do have books I haven't finished reading, but I don't feeling like reading them at the moment.

    So that's my own book reading slump. :) And I guess I'll be skipping the Tithe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My 14yo didn't like Tithe one bit (stopped after one chapter, just like you!), and once I found out why, I was proud of her for sticking to her standards on reading content!

    City of Ember is high on our to-read list, too, especially since I just found the 2nd book in the series at the used book store for $3 (and I bought it! even though we don't have the first one! but I'll find that soon enough...).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did that with Tithe as well. Snapped it shut. I like clean books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too, actually. I like my books not only to keep me up into the squeaky hours of the night; but to also be squeaky clean.

    Sorry for the corny joke :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Basically, boo to school for making leisure reading so darn difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have City of Ember, People of Sparks, and Inkheart. You can borrow all three! Come on over. I really liked City of Ember. Not so much People of Sparks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails