**Rumors--Anna Godbersen


After bidding good-bye to New York's brightest star, Elizabeth Holland, rumors continue to fly about her untimely demise.

All eyes are on those closest to the dearly departed: her mischievous sister, Diana, now the family's only hope for redemption; New York's most notorious cad, Henry Schoon-maker, the flame Elizabeth never extinguished; the seductive Penelope Hayes, poised to claim all that her best friend left behind—including Henry; even Elizabeth's scheming former maid, Lina Broud, who discovers that while money matters and breeding counts, gossip is the new currency.

As old friends become rivals, Manhattan's most dazzling socialites find their futures threatened by whispers from the past. In this delicious sequel to
The Luxe, nothing is more dangerous than a scandal . . . or more precious than a secret.

This was a whirlwind of a sequel! I was caught up in the action by the word go. And by action I mean mischievousness, scandals, lies, and all around craziness!

As I stated in my review of The Luxe, this is not my type of book, and yet I LOVED it! Why is that, you ask? Well… I still don't know. Both of these books are really just reading about stupid mistakes the characters make, and yet… I really like them.

The only thing I didn’t like about Rumors was the ending, but I won’t say any more than that.

~Enna Isilee

4 comments:

  1. I keep hearing that about the ending! Well at least it isn't the last book in the series, it would be sad to end it on a bad note! I've read The Luxe but haven't gotten to this one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never got to read The Luxe yet...but I want to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might read this just for the cover. my husband and I were meandering through the bookstore on our way out of the mall tonight and I saw this. I've always wanted to wear a dress like that. seeing that you liked it--well, that's a bonus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't really get into the first one b/c I guessed what would happen in the first couple of chapters. But maybe I'll give the series another shot. good review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails