The Luxe-- Anna Godbersen


This book is my new guilty pleasure. It's scandalous, lusty, and I LOVED it. It was able to weave a gripping plot throughout late 19th Century decorum. And it was able to stay relatively clean! w00t! Fabulous.
The Luxe doesn't have much substance. The plot squirms around, the characters can really get on your nerves, and yet I loved it. Why? I'm not entirely sure. Maybe it was because there was no one I was really rooting for so I was able just to sit back and watch it unfold without getting too involved in the story.
Page after page was entrancing. So weird because this is not my kind of book.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. That is some dress that girl is wearing. How on earth does she get through a door? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this one eventually (there's probably a ton of holds on it at the library...), but I'm skeptical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally tagged you for a meme... -cackle-

    I like Delaney's question! XD

    http://wordforteens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just tagged you! To view the details of the Tag view my blog!

    bookreviewaminac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails