Drama: The Good and the Bad Kind

Wow. Things are really crazy here. As of Tuesday we were cancelling the show because we were NOT performance worthy. But I gave the actors one more shot at impressing me yesterday and they did. It wasn't fantastic, but it was performance-able.

Then it all fell apart today (and we open today). One of the actresses came and told me that she can't do the show because she has a dance recital! And then my drama teacher (who I think is fantastic) ran out of the room during class because she was about to cry over all the stress. She has to build the sets and run almost every fine artsy thing that goes on in the school.

Anyway. I'll have to play that one girl's part tonight. I didn't mean to mope or rant here, but it just feels better to type it out, ya know?

We gotta buy our drama teacher some flowers. She deserves them.

6 comments:

  1. And get her some chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I think you deserve some chocolates/flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be hoping that things get better for you soon! Best of luck tonight.... it sounds like you're doing a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, what a situation! Good job holding it together, I hope it went well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tagging you....

    Rules:
    1. Pick up the nearest book.
    2. Open to page 123.
    3. Find the fifth sentence.
    4. Post the next three sentences.
    5. Tag five people and post a comment to the person who tagged you once you've posted your three sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everything works out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails