Kiki Strike-- Kirsten Miller


Ananka Fishbein is your average person with an interesting past, and an even more interesting future (no, she doesn’t travel through time). She meets up with Kiki Strike, and with some friends they explore a hidden city underground. But who is Kiki? And what are her true motives for searching this hidden city?

I really enjoyed this book, though I did have some problems with it. The story was fascinating and gripping. I wanted to know what happened next. And then I still wanted to know. And then I still wanted to know. And then—Oh my goodness! I finally know!. And then WHAM! New story.

Huh?

Kiki Strike seemed to me to be two (or maybe even three) novels squished into one. You go along this entire intricate plot and then it just… stops. Then, after a very brief reprieve, it picks right back up again.

Now I think you should either extend the reprieve, or get rid of it. Because with the break in the story being so short, I had a hard time understanding the characters’ minds (which seem to have changed quite a bit).

That’s my only complaint. The rest was fab!

~Enna Isilee

6 comments:

  1. I understand what you are saying... I just don't have a problem with the pace.
    ~Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I felt that way a little bit the first time I read it, but the second time I had no problems. *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book out of the library. I'll definitely read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading Kiki Strike right now - and I think I just passed the short...break...in the middle of the book. I really want to learn more about the Shadow City...*hopes hopefully* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also reading Kiki Strike, and I'm more towards the end. I also think it's kind of squished up. Oh boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to figure out if this is the first one...?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails