Airman-- Eoin Colfer


Let me start off by saying that Eoin Colfer is an amazing author. I’ve read all his books (I think), and Airman is one of my favorites.

It’s about a boy, Conor, who yearns to fly. It’s his dream. But his dreams come crashing down when he’s thrown into prison by a very evil man, and no one can save him but himself.

This book was very enthralling, but also very frustrating. The entire plot was based on a misleading lie that caused everyone to act in ways that, to me as the reader, were utterly infuriating. It's been two weeks since I read this book, and I’ve yet to decide whether this added or detracted from the book.

Nevertheless, the characters were loveable, the story was gripping, and it certainly invoked emotion.

~Enna Isilee

3 comments:

  1. Hmm...I actually liked the misleading lie part. I thought it made the book unique. But I can definitely see how it could get annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't exactly... annoying. Like I said, I'm not sure if it was a good or bad thing. I liked the book overall.

    I've read a lot of stories that are based on misleading lies and misconceptions. Bleh. Most of them are awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me it was one of the best books I've ever read. The misleading lie makes me want to reach the end to find out how they react when they find out. I think it makes it more intreting and makes the suspense build.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails