Squeakers' Picks of 2012

Here are the top YA 2012 releases as chosen by Squeaky Books readers!
Psst. This post looks better on the actual blog, rather than a feed reader. Just sayin'.

Tada! It's that time of year again! Although I didn't have as many people vote this year, there were 130 books nominated. That's crazy! There are some pretty clear standouts for the first few choices, but some of the books were separated by only one vote! If you'd like to see last year's list, CLICK HERE. And here's the list for 2010. And now on to this year's list! As always, I will include a link to this (just 'cause it's funny).

Also I'll mention that these books will feature prominently in an upcoming contest (if you've been following the blog since last year you might know what that contest is). I'd advise you start brushing up on your 2013 releases...

And now the list!

#12 (With 5 votes each) 
The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen (Amazon | Goodreads)
For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund (Amazon | Goodreads | My Review)
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman (Amazon | Goodreads)
Unspoken by Sara Rees Brennan (Amazon | Goodreads)

#11 (With 6 votes each)
City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare (Amazon | Goodreads)
Everneath by Brodi Ashton (Amazon | Goodreads | My Review)
Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale (Amazon | Goodreads | My Review)
Reached by Ally Condie (Amazon | Goodreads | My Review)

#10 (With 8 votes)
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas ( Goodreads | Amazon )
My Thoughts: I was super psyched for this book. Especially because of the PHENOMENAL UK cover. But it's gotten too many mixed reviews for me to try it anytime soon. There are just too many books that I want to read to risk it right now. Though I hope to read it eventually.

#9 (With 9 votes)
Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor ( Goodreads | Amazon )
My Thoughts: Yes. Yes. A million times yes. This book is in the running for my favorite of the year. It's just... gah. Amazing. Review up soon!

#8 (With 10 votes)
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein ( Goodreads | Amazon )
My Thoughts: I was not interested at all in this book, but so many people say that they love it that I might have to rethink that.

#7 (With 14 votes)
Grave Mercy by R. L. LaFevers (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
My Thoughts: So... I really didn't like this book. But I'm glad other people have. All books deserve to be loved. Right?

#6 (With 15 votes)
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossie ( Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
My Thoughts: Yay! So glad people remembered that this came out this year. I really liked this book and I can't wait for the sequel.

#5 (With 16 votes)
Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore ( Goodreads | Amazon )
My Thoughts: I bought Fire THE DAY it came out. Have I read it yet? No. Dunno why my passion for this series died, but it did. Is it worth getting back into the series for this book? 

#4 (With 23 votes)
The Fault in our Stars by John Green ( Goodreads | Amazon )
My Thoughts: I'm not a contemporary fan, nor am I historically a John Green fan. But even I understand that this book has a powerful effect on people, and for that I respect it a lot. 

#3 (With 26 votes)
Insurgent by Veronica Roth ( Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
My Thoughts: No surprise to see this here.Can V-Roth do no wrong? (P.S. She TOTALLY looks like Mary Crawley.)

#2 (With 29 votes)
Cinder by Marissa Meyer ( Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
My Thoughts: YAY! I really liked this book. It's so cute! The only thing more cute and fun than this book is Marissa herself. And peeps, I'm reading Scarlet right now and liking it EVEN MORE!

#1 (With 34 votes)
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo ( Goodreads | Amazon | My Review)
My Thoughts: This book... if you've been following my blog since June you know how much I love this book. I embroidered a shirt for hours for this book. I'm SOOOOO happy it won first place. It totally deserves it. If you haven't read it yet, DOOOO IT!!

Well? What do we think? Is it close to what you have on your personal top books of 2012 list? I'll be posting my top 12 in '12 list at the very end of the year. Quite a few of my top 12 books appear on this list, which makes me happy. It's good to know that y'all like what I like. Even though... I guess I could have guessed that.

Check back soon for the giveaway!


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2012

6 comments:

  1. Ooo, only a couple of the ones we voted for showed up -- which means we need to get on these other books, ASAP. Like, if they beat our faves, then obviously they must be good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't a fan of FIRE, but I really loved BITTERBLUE. I think out of all Cashore's characters, Bitterblue is my favorite. She's trying to understand how to save her people, rule them justly and decipher her own feelings about her father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, four of my five made your list! And now I don't remember what the fifth was anyway. :) I love seeing everyone's year-end favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with Eliza - I wasn't crazy about "Fire," but I ADORE "Bitterblue." I'd say you can skip right to "Bitterblue" without reading "Fire," considering all three of those books can be read as stand-alones. But reading "Fire" will definitely enrich the "Bitterblue" experience. :) "Bitterblue" was my favorite read of the year.

    I'm surprised "Crown of Embers" didn't make this list. But I forgot to vote for it! Shame on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jenna Crown of Embers was definitely one of my favorites such a great sequel!

      Delete
  5. So many great books! Shadow and Bone was definitely awesome but so were the rest of the list what a great year of reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails