Mourning Loss

I'm sorry to post so soon after my last contest, but I would like to mention that I only just found out that one of my favorite authors, Diana Wynne Jones, has passed away today. Jones has been struggling with cancer for nearly two years. In her, I found laughter, joy, heartache, and quite a bit of frustration from two of my greatest book-friends: Howl & Sophie. I was so looking forward to reading more from her, but at least she has left us such a fabulous legacy.
Thank you, Diana.

All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2011

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. This hasn't been a very good quarter for the book world. I really like her wit and I especially enjoyed The Dark lord of Derkholm and Howl's Moving Castle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! I had no idea she was struggling like that. Oh goodness how I love her books. How very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First Brian Jacques and now this? I don't think my heart will recover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rest in Peace Diana Wynne Jones! You filled me with stories that will stay with me forever!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails