**Intertwined-- Gena Showalter

Release Date: September 1st, 2009
Genre:  Paranormal, Romance
Publisher: Harlequin
Pages: 440
Rating:
Amazon Link*: Click here
Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary:
There's something about the new guy at Crossroads High…

Most sixteen-year-olds have friends. Aden Stone has four human souls living inside him:

One can time travel.

One can raise the dead.

One can possess another human.

One can tell the future.

Everyone thinks he's crazy, which is why he's spent his entire life shuffled between mental institutions and juvie. All of that is about to change, however. For months Aden has been having visions of a beautiful girl—a girl who carries centuries-old secrets. A girl who will either save him or destroy him.

Together they'll enter a dark world of intrigue and danger…but not everyone will come out alive.
Review: I've been wanting to read this book ever since my birthday, but didn't actually get it until I traded with Becky a couple months ago. I'm so glad we traded.

This book was so cool! The idea of having four people living inside your head is like nothing I've ever read before. You'd think that would make this book very cluttered, but the author managed to work in the souls enough so that you felt how uncomfortable Aden must feel, but you weren't overwhelmed. And the idea of each of the souls having a super-power was so interesting! They each have such distinct personalities, and yet they all work so well together.

What I wasn't expecting was quite how paranormal this book was going to be. Within the first few pages you meet zombies. And not long after that you meet vampires, werewolves, witches, faeries, goblins, and more! I did think the paranormal romance in this book was strange, and a little weak (a lot of "instant love" going on), but the story wasn't a love story. This book was paranormal with some romance elements. The romance stuff was easy enough to ignore if you wanted to, and it would appeal to those who like that kind of thing.

The biggest complement I can give this book is its originality. The vampires, werewolves, etc. weren't super original (though the author did give her own spin on those, too), but the main character was just so cool. So cool. When I reached about page 300 I hopped on Amazon and bought the sequel Unraveled so that I would have it as soon as I finished Intertwined. I'm reading it right now and going through it pretty quick!
So if you love paranormal, but are getting a little tired of these "cookie-cutter" novels coming out, try Intertwined!


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2011

*I am an amazon affiliate. If you purchase this book using my link, I will get a tiny fraction of the purchase, which goes toward contests.

1 comment:

  1. People in my book club keep telling me to read this because it is amazing they say. I guess I will have to pick up a copy now. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails