**Matched-- Ally Condie

Release Date: November 30th, 2010
Genre: Romance, Dystopia
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Pages: 366
Rating:
Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary: 
In the Society, Officials decide. Who you love. Where you work. When you die.

Cassia has always trusted their choices. It’s barely any price to pay for a long life, the perfect job, the ideal mate. So when her best friend appears on the Matching screen, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is the one . . . until she sees another face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. Now Cassia is faced with impossible choices: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she’s known and a path no one else has ever dared follow—between perfection and passion.
Blurb:The plot is well crafted and subtly brilliant. The men are roguishly heartwarming. And the prose reads like an elegant poem. Matched is a book that everyone can (and must) read!

Review: YES! It's finally the release month! I get to share my review with you! I think you guys already have a pretty good idea of what I think about this book. *wink*

Honestly, this is probably one of my favorite books of all time. Y'all know I LOVE the dystopian genre, and I've been overjoyed that this genre has been booming, but this one is so original!

In the majority of these dystopian books you can clearly see what's wrong with the society/government and it's obvious that it should be overthrown. In this book you don't see what's wrong with the society. I mean, sure, it seems like a bad idea to just "match" people but it works!

Everything the Society does works. People are happy, they go where they belong, they are safe. And Cassia likes it. What's magical about this book is that you get to slowly discover, piece by piece, the injustices of the system as Cassia does.

But above and beyond that it's written so beautifully. The characters, the bits of poetry, the romance.

Oh. The romance.

Brace yourselves, guys. It IS a love triangle. A SERIOUS love triangle. And it's a doozy. Best friend? Or roguishly rebellious, and heartwarmingly handsome forbidden fruit who is also a really nice guy? Hm... Can you tell which one I prefer?

I've given away a bunch of copies of this already, but I'll probably give more away in the future. EVERYONE should read this.


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2010

P.S. This doesn't have anything to do with the book itself, but Ally is probably one of the nicest authors you could ever meet. I hope y'all get a chance to go to one of her events someday. :)

13 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book! One of my favorites of the year. Period. Glad you loved it too! I may give away my ARC....I want the pretty hardcover!

    Jen @ I Read Banned Books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting how opinions can differ. I read this a couple months ago, as an ARC, and wasn't overly impressed. Maybe because it was so overhyped, and I was expecting to be wowed, but it wasn't that great. Maybe a B-, or a 3.5/5. Solid, but not worth rushing out to get or gushing over.

    I felt that the characters and storyline were extremely predictable and absolutely nothing felt suspenseful or surprising.

    This is actually a book where I think I almost wish they had given us less information about the plot because when Cassia is matched with two people, it could've been a bit of a shock, but instead we already knew. And that was the biggest reveal of all, but it was anti-climatic because it's mentioned in the plot summary.

    Overall, a decent book, but one I would recommend people check out from the library rather then purchase.

    Oh, and everything else aside, I adore the cover. Great job by the graphic designers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this one! It was already at the top of my list and this review just made me want to read it EVEN MORE. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this book so badly lol! It has had such great reviews!! I loved your review!

    Kristen
    My Bloody Fairy Tale

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this one, too! Glad you loved it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary D

    I'd eager to get to read Matched. Haven't bought/won a copy yet, but I keep hoping LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I cannot WAIT!!! I am expecting my copy shortly after the 30th!!! Thanks for the review!!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can hardly wait till its out!!!! Sounds sooooo good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just finished reading this one and was wondering if anyone knows if there is going to be a second book?

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is! It's called Crossed, and it will come out November 2011. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails