Angelfire-- Courtney Allison Moulton

Release Date: February 15th, 2011
Genre:  Paranormal, Romance
Publisher: Katherine Tegen
Pages: 464
Rating:

Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary: 
When seventeen-year-old Ellie starts seeing reapers - monstrous creatures who devour humans and send their souls to Hell - she finds herself on the front lines of a supernatural war between archangels and the Fallen and faced with the possible destruction of her soul.

A mysterious boy named Will reveals she is the reincarnation of an ancient warrior, the only one capable of wielding swords of angelfire to fight the reapers, and he is an immortal sworn to protect her in battle. Now that Ellie's powers have been awakened, a powerful reaper called Bastian has come forward to challenge her. He has employed a fierce assassin to eliminate her - an assassin who has already killed her once.

While balancing her dwindling social life and reaper-hunting duties, she and Will discover Bastian is searching for a dormant creature believed to be a true soul reaper. Bastian plans to use this weapon to ignite the End of Days and to destroy Ellie's soul, ending her rebirth cycle forever. Now, she must face an army of Bastian's most frightening reapers, prevent the soul reaper from consuming her soul, and uncover the secrets of her past lives - including truths that may be too frightening to remember.
Review: This book already has quite the internet following. And it deserves it. It definitely has what it takes to join the ranks of the elite YA Paranormal books. It has an interesting storyline, likeable characters, believable dialogue, and is written absolutely fantastically!

Is it perfect? No. There were some aspects that bothered me: slight casual swearing, underage drinking, etc. But those weren’t so bad. What bugged me the most were the plot points that weren’t really flushed out all the way. I assume these points will be covered in later books, but it felt… strange that they weren’t addressed in this one. If you’ve read it, and you’d like to know specifically what I mean, feel free to e-mail me (admin@SqueakyBooks.com).

My recommendation? I’d get this one from the library when it comes out. I know that some of you will LOVE it beyond belief. But others, like me, won’t like it well enough to own it. And if you’re one of those people, you won’t want to buy it. I don’t think I’ll buy it. It’s not a book I’ll ever need to reread, but I will certainly read the next books in the series and any others from Courtney Allison Moulton.

A very enjoyable book.


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2010

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up! I've found that most YA books that have been overly hyped up recently, turn out to disappoint me (big time). Maybe I'm just an overly picky reader, but I feel like a lot of YA releases are all icing and no cake. Meaning they're enticing, sweet, and pretty looking, but not very filling...they lack substance. Perhaps I'm getting too old for YA fiction; it's just not doing much for me lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails