*Desires of the Dead-- Kimberly Derting

Release Date: February 15th, 2011
Genre: Paranormal, Mystery, Romance
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pages: 368
Rating:
Series: The Body Finder #2 (Review of #1 here)
Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary: 
The missing dead call to Violet. They want to be found.

When Violet Ambrose's morbid ability to sense the echoes of those who've been murdered leads her to the body of a young boy, she draws the attention of the FBI. She is reluctantly pulled into an investigation that will endanger more than just her secret...but her relationship and possibly her life as well.
Review: I was SO excited to get this book. The first book in the series, The Body Finder, had me on the edge of my seat!

This book does have the same issues for me as The Body Finder (but it's written by the same person, so it's not like that's a surprise. Heh.). The really "passionate" part of Violet and Jay's romance BUGS me. It doesn't seem real. However, when they are just being friends I LOVE THEM. And there was some heavy profanity.

And it did have just a little bit of sequel-phase, but not a lot. So that didn't bother me too badly.

In comparison to TBF, I don't think this one had as strong a plot. TBF had just one bad-guy (well, you know what I mean), and there really was only one mystery to be solved. In this one, there were A LOT of questions asked, and A LOT of things were solved. I felt this took away from the plot. I wish Derting had focused on one of these, like she did in the first book.

But with that said, Desires of the Dead was still FABULOUS! Ah! Even though I didn't love it quite as much as The Body Finder I still gave it the same rating. I just love these. I'm really excited to know what else Kimberly has up her sleeve.


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2010

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I love the term sequel-phase and will not steal that from you. I did, however, assume it meant the stuff you had forgotten since you read the first book ie. "I could not get into the Scorch Trials as I had sequel-phase because I read Maze Runner two years ago." I love the real meaning however, and the actual existence of sequel-phase has ruined many a series for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Sequel-phase is a good term! I'm currently reading this now, have like 30 or 40 pages left. I'm liking it, but not as much. I guessed right away who the "other" narrator was, so that part was a little disappointing because in TBF I totally didn't know! Although I did guess correct on the bad guy situation--you know what I mean! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I thought that the different questions and mysteries actually made the plot of DESIRES stronger =))) But great review! You justify your opinion well =) Well done =)))

    Reggie =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails