Anna and the French Kiss-- Stephanie Perkins

Release Date: December 2nd, 2010
Genre:  Romance, Teenagers, Foreign
Publisher: Dutton
Pages: 374
Rating:
Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary: 
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna—and readers—have long awaited?

Review: I can totally see why this book is so popular, and I have absolutely no doubt that its popularity will continue to skyrocket after its release. Stephanie has created a story that has just the right amount of romance, friendship, conflict, tension, and above all it is witty. Stephanie is DEFINITELY someone I would want to be my friend. I like the way her brain workd

However, I would not want to be friends with her characters.

If you like contemporary fiction or romance, then you will LOVE this book. I don't like either of those genres. I thought maybe this book would be witty enough to overcome my anti-teen-angst feelings, but it wasn't. The characters drink (even though it's legal drinking), swear (some BIG profanities), and there is much talk of sex.

So all in all I gave this an average rating of 2.5 because I recognize that it is a brilliant story, but it just wasn't for me.

Although I did LOVE all the French things. J'adore francais!

All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2010

I am an amazon affiliate. If you purchase this book using my link, I will get a tiny fraction of the purchase

5 comments:

  1. Aww too bad this didn't work out for you! I'm really curious about it too because I've seen a couple of glowing reviews about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you didn't like it, especially since I recommended it. The characters reminded me very much of some of my friends from high school.

    Good luck with your play this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer that it didn't work for you but I think that it is great that you can recognize that it was still a lot of positive things about it. I think that some of the characters reminded me of people from High School that made my life pretty hard. I hope you find something that clicks for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it didn't work for you. I love contemporary romance and thought it was the best I'd ever read. I even gave away a copy of it on my blog because I thought it was that good.

    But isn't that what's so great about books? There is something out there for everyone and we don't have to like something just because someone else does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry you didnt like it- it was on of my favorite books that I have read lately!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails