Erec Rex: The Dragon’s Eye-- Kaza Kingsley


Not going to lie, I did not expect to like this book. Seemed to me like a total Harry Potter knock-off (Charlie Bone anyone?) but it wasn't. It was a really facinating story that I think is great for younger readers. I'm definitely going to reccomend it to middle-graders.
It has the basic "boy-goes-off, possibly-to-save-the-world" theme, but with some interesting twists and loops. I liked seeing into Erec's mind, because he has some interesting thoughts and feelings.
And a big plus, I didn't get frustrated with characters! I get frustrated so often and I didn' t in this book (at least, not with the good guys).
So read it if you like MG books.
~Enna Isilee

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I appreciate learning about this book since I need to have something to read to the boys during the summer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails